Complete X-Plane Freeze/crash after 20+ minutes 737

Jonnti46

Hi

Hope this is correct forum area to post this (afraid new to this forum).

x-plane (latest v10.5.2). Up until now, I have not had any issues / crashes or freezes with Xplane until this point. Today I purchased the IXEG 737. The issue seems to be related only to flying this aircraft. Usually quite a long way into the flight at cruise level suddenly x-plane freezes. The only way is to quit x-plane is via the task manager thereafter. No other plugins are active. I have other addons like the 757 and have not had any issues with that. I wonder if anyone has had this issue? I don't think this is anything to do with pilot entry (I'm not touching or changing anything when this happens). A/c is flying a normal route in LNAV and VNAV. It does seem to happen 20mins after a flight begins, last crash happened 45mins into the flight. It appears never to happen in early stages...Very frustrating as I can't complete any A to B route. Love the add-on but this makes it unusable. This is on a windows 7 pro machine with i7 3770K running at 3.5Ghz / 16MB mem and a GTX 980 Ti card (latest Nvidia drivers) - it is very stable, so I am not sure what is causing the issue. Just fishing for some ideas... ? If tried winding back various rendering settings but makes no difference, and CPU and GPU are running well under 40%. More like 28% when this happens.

Below windows report.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: X-Plane.exe
  Application Version: 10.5.2.0
  Application Timestamp: 5806eee0
  Fault Module Name: X-Plane.exe
  Fault Module Version: 10.5.2.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 5806eee0
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 000000000010ff33
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 2057
  Additional Information 1: 7148
  Additional Information 2: 71484723a0237eb80d14857be895dffa
  Additional Information 3: d329
  Additional Information 4: d329c705b9266103884aa000a9e79b0b

Regards

Jon

Hi Jon,

it looks like X-Plane crashed. I am not an expert, but the usual suspect is a conflicting plugin.

Please post your Log.txt (main X-Plane folder) so we can take a look.

IF you want to start troubleshooting, disable ALL plugins except for gizmo64 and pluginadmin, then see if it runs stable...

I am sure we will find out what is going wrong...

Cheers, Jan

Hi

It just crashed again, same thing - very odd. I did perhaps 1hr of circuits in it without issue (this time with plugins enabled as I wanted to see if this had any relevance) and it was fine, then I set-up for a very short A to B flight, at about FL110 / CRZ / 15mins into flight x-plane froze. I have enclosed the log but can't see any reason myself for this. As I said before, it was working fine for two weeks before I installed the 737 (which is just great apart from this). I have done many A to B flights in this area without issue. Hope someone can see something... R. Jon

Log.txt

Can you check your GizmoLog.txt if it ends with something like 

error: 1576.259: Run(gfx): OnDraw_Gauges_3D: stack overflow
error: 1576.281: Run(xp): OnError: stack overflow
error: 1576.339: Run(gui): bake_trigger: stack overflow
error: 1576.360: Run(gui): bake_ehsi: stack overflow
error: 1576.465: Run(timer): run_fmc: stack overflow

I had the same problems after i updated Gizmo to latest version 16.11.03 in combinition with SkyMaxxProV3.
After rolling back to the older Gizmo version (which came with IXEG737 or SMPv3) i had no such issues anymore.

Also after i updated to SMPv4 - which automatically updates Gizmo to 16.11.03 - everything was fine.
But i only tested two days, cause i am currently trying xEnviro.

According to your Log you already have the newest Gizmo version (which might be the source of the problem).

As far as i know, SMPv3 or IXEG737 would install the older version of Gizmo cause their installers were build before the release of the latest Gizmo.
The release of the latest Gizmo was on 8th of November, so i would guess that you got this Gizmo version by installing or updating another plugin or aircraft that cames bundled with the latest Gizmo.

Because i also had experienced problems with this software combinition: 

I would suggest check your GizmoLog.txt if the crash is related to Gizmo.
If so, there might really be a problem with SMPv3 and latest Gizmo, or SMPv3 in combinition with IXEG737.

For me it seems to solve by either reverting Gizmo version (which might break other plugins/aircraft - so not really a solution) or updating SMP to v4.
You can try to temporary deactivate SMPv3 for a flight by using the Plugin-Menu.

But checking out all possible combinitions where it works or crashes is time consuming, because sometimes it crashes right after 10 minutes, and sometimes i had to wait an hour. And it also happenend when i left the plane alone on the runway with running engines.

Edited by MelCologne

I have checked the GizmoLog - there is no error like described that I can see. There is only one warning at top of log. Plus I have had this happen when SMPv3 has been disabled. All plugins other than Gizmo disabled. All I know is it *only* started to happen after installing  IXEG737. Not really sure what to do - it is a great shame as it cost a fair bit and it seems not to work. X-Avaition support do not respond. Is that normal? Or this time of year? Is it better to try and contact the developer of IXEG737? Not sure who that is? Or perhaps the programmer of Gizmo? Bit lost - afraid I am knew to x-plane and never had any problem until now. I think the IXEG737 is great / flys just like the 737-400. I do have a Mac Pro but not installed x-plane 10 on that / I could try to rule out this windows machine but it is a big job to go through all that. Plus this machine is about 6months old and I never had a single issue with it - very stable machine. But if no one else (in general) is having this issue it must be something my end? Out of interest are we talking thousands of users of this product or just a handful? The only thing I could try is *completely* uninstalling SMPv3? I'm kind of loathed to buy v4 as I only bought v3 five days ago! It was a bit unfair as when I bought it there was nothing on purchase page that v4 was about to be released so I unwittingly bought v3 five days before v4 at the same price as v4! X-Aviation say I have to buy v4 again with 50% off -hmmm....

Sorry - forgot to post the one warning, but think this is not relevant as it never appears again, and is at very start of a very long log.

debug:   12.294: Firmware v16.09.27.0342
debug:   12.294: Machine ID: acd4d3c81e7e344cc001cf0c58d471ee
warng:   12.299: GUI Read Key Protection Applied.
debug:   12.308: X-Plugins OBJ8 Loader v15.01.11
debug:   12.530: * gxt.refresh()..
debug:   12.540: gxt: AutoLoading..
debug:   12.541:   gxt.load: Console
debug:   12.542:   gxt.load: ToolTray
debug:   12.543:   gxt.load: HotFix
debug:   12.544:   gxt.load: Mute
debug:   12.545:   gxt.load: Preferences
debug:   12.546:   gxt.load: RebootButton
debug:   12.546:   gxt.load: MAXX_RWC
debug:   12.547:   gxt.load: XA_Activation
debug:   12.549: screen w/h:1024/768
warng:   12.568:   gxt.load: ErrorReport: FAILED: ext_info is nil, bad link?
debug:   12.569:   gxt.load: Shell
debug:   12.570: gxt: Completed AutoLoad.