skymaxx 3.3.2 support on Sierra

PTaylor

56 minutes ago, PTaylor said:

Hi,

Is there any update on when skymaxxpro 3.3.2 will install and work on Mac OS Sierra?    Like many users I haven't been able to install the product on Sierra, and the default clouds are driving me crazy.

Many thanks,

Taylor 

Taylor,

I can't seem to duplicate this issue as widespread as it seems, which can be frustrating.

I did just upload a new version on the server for you to try though. Perhaps it will solve the installer issue...go ahead and re-download 3.3.2 from your account and let me know how you go.

hi Cameron,

Thanks for the super quick response, just tried it again, and its the same problem.

"there has been an error. Installer payload initialisation failed.  This is likely due to an incomplete or corrupt downloaded file."

My build is a brand new Sierra 10.12 built from scratch, not updated.    Its quite vanilla as well with only xplane10 installed.

Let me know if you need any more info.

thanks,

Taylor

Hi Taylor..... I just bought this yesterday and I get an error about my video resources are dangerously low. My rendering options indicate only 1367 meg used. That should give me a buffer of 700 meg yet. My video card is 2GB so it might be nice to compare notes once you get up and running.

Mike

AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB.png

XP_10.5.1rc1.png

Edited by mfd529
update

mfd529, thanks very much for that suggestion,  it might be the only way to get this working.

Cameron, is Skymaxxpro 3.3.2, fully supported on Mac Sierra?  I am reading some forum posts saying skymax isn't supported on Sierra.  Are there two problems here, one being the installer and the other being the software actually running correctly?

If so, do you have any idea on a timeframe when the problem will be resolved?

thanks,

Taylor 

Taylor the installer finally worked using the Stuffit but after another shortfall I did some searching to find out there was one more glitch. I had to use another update in the short term. https://www.facebook.com/G64xpl/  I don't know if this is officially blessed but other users like myself have had some success at least. I'm sure there will be an official update but at least you can use the product in the meantime instead of waiting. Good luck!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Cameron.

With the Gizmo plugin beta version, I had SkyMaxx 3.3.2 on
Sierra running. But Gizmo has now expired. I do not know why this is so.
However, I believe that a purchased software should work. If there is a
problem with Sierra, you should solve it. This is not the task of a user.
With Freeware you can still have understanding, but not with Payware. So I
ask you to find a solution right away. 

18.11.2016 Continuation of my research:

PS: Now i have downloaded this Gizmo plugin from this link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/948813/Gizmo/binaries/Gizmo64.plugin-16.11.03.1645.zip

now it works.

You could have simply communicated this link to the customer. The official version of the Gizmo website does not work.

Regards

Horst

Edited by nordman23