About This File
I made a simple LUA-script for v-speed callouts.
It includes callouts for 80 knots, V1, Vr, V2 (V2 is optional) and positiv rate / gear up.
The script is tested on X-Plane 10.51 and X-Plane 11 on Windows 10.
Feel free to leave a comment if you liked the script (or not)
- You will need FlyWithLua installed - http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/17468-flywithlua-for-xp9-and-xp10/
- Unzip the files in [X-Plane]\Resources\plugins\FlyWithLua\Scripts
You should get a structure something like this.
Edit the IXEG_vSpeed.lua for the settings.
Set to true to enable "V2" callout and false to disable. true and false have to be written with lowercase letters.
Enable_V2 = false
Set to true to enable "Positive rate/Gear up" callout and false to disable. true and false have to be written with lowercase letters.
EnablePosGearUp = true
Sync the First Officers speedbugs with what you set on Captain side. Default = false. true and false have to be written with lowercase letters.
SyncSpeedBugs = false
Change "SoundLevel" to adjust volume for the callouts. Adjust between 0.10 min - 1.00 max (default 0.55)
SoundLevel = 0.55
How to use:
This is how I use the bugs. It may not be correct compared to real procedures.
The required bugs you need to set for the call out to work is Bug_2 to V1 speed, Bug_3 to Vr speed, and set the MCP speed to V2 (if you use V2 callout).
You can set the other bugs to whatever you prefere.
- Speed bugs can only be set on Captains side.
@xplana for his excellent voice for the callouts
For support, please visit:
What's New in Version 0.111 See changelog
- Made variables and datarefs unique to avoid conflicts with other lua scripts.
- Minor optimizing of the script.
- Added setting to sync the speed bugs on First Officers side with what you set on Captains side.
- Added setting to adjust volume for the callouts
- Added setting to disable "Positive rate/Gear up" callout
- Speed bugs did not reset. Fixed
- Reseting speed bugs when loading script. To avoid callouts if you dont have set the bugs.
- Some adjustment to the sounds. (not so much right panning).
- Changed the default for V2 callout to false (disabled)
- Fixed V1 callout when starting X-Plane/loading aircraft
- Fixed "Positive rate / Gear up" -callout when V2 is disabled
- Added setting to disable V2 callout
- Fixed compability with X-Plane 10
- inital version