Frame Rate stuck on 19

piperpilot12w

It's a laptop

Intel i3 M350 2.27GHz

4Mg Ram

Windows 7 - 64 bit

I followed the guide for X plane on how to lower settings to get better frame rates and it didn't make any difference

I also loaded the demo version and same thing 19 frames. It's been this way from the start, reboot makes no difference

Frame rates for the X Plane Cirrus is 40-50

Well.. the cirrus is not the proper aircraft to compare with. But not knowing your video card, your CPU is low speed. 2.27Ghz is not enough for this plane... and also you only have 4Mb ram. Considering that a good videocard would do a better job... but if you don't have a good one.......

I'm really surprised the CRJ loads at all.

Intel integrated HD graphics are a very bad choice for X-Plane, as has been discussed many times on various forums. This has gradually improved in the past, but not to a point where I would really recommend them.

The problem is that the Intel driver has a very poor implementation of the openGL standard. It does better with the Microsoft DirectX, but X-Plane and thus the CRJ of course use openGL.

If you look for recommendations for X-Plane, you will almost always find the advice to use Nvidia cards on Windows, and ATI cards on Mac. These perform best for X-Plane.

Intel drivers have improved a bit, but you cannot expect an integrated chipset that uses shared memory to perform as good as video card with dedicated video memory.

Philipp

Exactly Cameron.  A 2.2 ghz Core Duo is a hell of a lot slower than a 2.2 ghz i7.

The bus speeds and the card size and all that jazz factors in.

As for the preffered video cards, I've heard that Nvidia also works quite well on mac.  But I have only tried an ATI and am very pleased.