[SOLVED] Installer looking for Uninstaller which does not exist

crs

Hi Cam,

To be confirmed, but at the first glance it seems like an installer is looking for "Uninstall CRJ-200.run" while there is only "Uninstall CRJ-200" (no .run).

Even after manual removal (using uninstaller and then removing remaining directories manually) new installer tries to uninstall version 1.0. Bug?

The way to 'fool' it is to create a returning success exit code script called as what Installer is looking for. In my case it is:

$ cat Uninstall\ CRJ-200.run

#!/bin/sh

exit 0

It worked.

And again, Installer created uninstaller with no .run appended.

Kind regards,

Kamil

Hi Cam,

To be confirmed, but at the first glance it seems like an installer is looking for "Uninstall CRJ-200.run" while there is only "Uninstall CRJ-200" (no .run).

Even after manual removal (using uninstaller and then removing remaining directories manually) new installer tries to uninstall version 1.0. Bug?

The way to 'fool' it is to create a returning success exit code script called as what Installer is looking for. In my case it is:

$ cat Uninstall\ CRJ-200.run

#!/bin/sh

exit 0

It worked.

And again, Installer created uninstaller with no .run appended.

Kind regards,

Kamil

Oh yes, haha, pretty simple solution. :) It just happen that I had uninstalled it manually after first exit of new installer. Anyway. Easy to fix and Cameron knows about it.

I am just using browser from Ubuntu 11.04 installer. Will see if it works this time and hopefully solves my stuttering problems. :)

Kind regards,

Kamil

Oh yes, haha, pretty simple solution. :) It just happen that I had uninstalled it manually after first exit of new installer. Anyway. Easy to fix and Cameron knows about it.

Same here :)

Thanks Kamil for the tip of the dummy file ! Worked now !