Take Command! CRJ-200 Version 1.4.1 Update Released!

Cameron

*****IMPORTANT NOTE!: IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE 1.4.1 UPDATE PRIOR TO January 23rd, 2012 @ 1500 EST (Eastern Standard Time - US) YOU WILL NEED TO RE-DOWNLOAD THE CRJ UPDATE!*****

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.4.1 update for the Take Command! CRJ-200. All customers who have purchased the CRJ-200 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete installation instructions on how to update your product. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the CRJ-200 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.4.1 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviati...talog/login.php

2. View your past order history invoice that contains the CRJ-200 purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update that says: "Take Command!: CRJ-200".

The new installer will detect whether this is a new install, or if you already have any CRJ-200 version installed. Depending on your current situation, the installer will run through the appropriate paths with you, including uninstalling all unnecessary items from the previous version!

Your liveries/downloaded paints will be safe in this process!

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

[FMS]

-Added keyboard input to scratchpad: click upper left corner of CDU to activate the keyboard

-Reworked internal flightplan logic to support ACT and MOD flightplans

-Reworked all pages to make use of the EXEC button correctly

-Added live calculation of hdg-to-alt and hdg-to-intercept waypoints

-Added position update and turn prediction logic to direct-to functionality

-Added support for overfly restrictions

-Completely new holding logic: HOLD FPLN, ACT HOLD and HOLD INDEX pages redesigned, new holding entry logic

-Added support for STAR transitions

-Database validity check on STATUS page

-More reliable flightplan loading and saving

-All new CDU rendering system that works with character placement like the real thing

-Massive performance improvement with better responsiveness on all CDU pages

-Cleaner CDU font on Mac

[bUGS]

-Display auto-tune correctly on remote CDU

-Fixed selecting departure runways on a subsequent page

[GRAPHICS]

-Remove two extra strobe lights in wingtips in X-Plane 10

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Windows installer at 1.4.1, only for Linux and Mac. Unable to install.

UPD: seems to have problems with archive

No idea what you are talking about. There most certainly is a windows installer. Mutestyles (poster above you) had to install it somehow...and he's on Windows!

Hi,

since I installed version 1.4.1 in my X-Plane 10 Folder, I can't use version 1.3 in my X-Plane 9 installation any more. The switches for battery just won't flip. What is the problem here? I had version 1.3 running fine in X-Plane 9 and 10 before. I wanted to test version 1.41 first, before using it in X-Plane 9.

Is there a work around? Would be appreciated!

Peter

I have been over and over with this.. it is now crashing.. i used the UNINSTALLER CRJ-200. Re installed it using the 1.4.1 update installer SETUP- OSX.

It now is missing the JROLLON PLANES folder that use to be located in the main x-plane 9 folder.

When trying to start up x-plane, it encounters an error. Attached is my ERROR DETAILS and the LOG.TXT file after the installing the 1.4.1 and then tried to open x-plane 9.

It stayed trying to load the CRJ-200 for about two min and then went on to load the other aircraft... after it loaded the CIRUS JET it then quit and displayed the ERROR details as attached to this post.

Please tell me what i am doing wrong?

I want to use the CRJ 1.4.1 with the most recent NAVIGRAPH data. I have already downloaded the vasFMC flight management- native as directed by this forum: http://forums.x-pilo...navdata-format/ but it failed to tell us where to put the new data seeing as the JROLLON PLANES folder is gone and it use to hold the CRJ navdata.

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE!??!?!?!

I want to use the CRJ 1.4.1 with the most recent NAVIGRAPH data. I have already downloaded the vasFMC flight management- native as directed by this forum: http://forums.x-pilo...navdata-format/ but it failed to tell us where to put the new data seeing as the JROLLON PLANES folder is gone and it use to hold the CRJ navdata.

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE!??!?!?!

It seems, that the nav data has moved into the plugins folder. If you go to:

Aircrafts->CRJ200->plugins->CRJAvionics->navdata

the file structure found here is identical to the one found in the vasFMC_native_1201 package.

So back up that folder (i do that by zipping its content right where it is) and put the 1201 data in there and you should be fine.

For the other problem, I don't know.

I purchased the CRJ via "X-Plane.org Store" and they have send me a link but it's the 1.4.0 version. Its the same 1.4.1 version or I've to send them a mail to ask for the last version?

Thanks

If you purchased at org, the org forum is the place where to ask questions. http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showforum=121

since I installed version 1.4.1 in my X-Plane 10 Folder, I can't use version 1.3 in my X-Plane 9 installation any more. The switches for battery just won't flip.

1.3 and 1.4 are mutually exclusive, since we changed the backend. You can't have both installed at the same time. 1.3 will stop working when 1.4 is installed, as the required backend was replaced.

It now is missing the JROLLON PLANES folder that use to be located in the main x-plane 9 folder.

The navdata is now in the plane under CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/navdata.

But please try a flight first with the navdata we ship by default, before you try anything else. Other threads indicate people are having a hard time because of moving/copying/whatever navdata folders around - perhaps of the wrong format.

Please try with a clean install first. If this works, proceed with updating the navdata as mentioned in the sticky post.

Philipp

1.3 and 1.4 are mutually exclusive, since we changed the backend. You can't have both installed at the same time. 1.3 will stop working when 1.4 is installed, as the required backend was replaced.

So so, wo ist denn dann das Backend installiert, wenn beide X-Plane 9 und 10 Versionen darauf zurückgreifen? Im X-Plane Folder kann es ja nicht sein. Well....dann werde ich die 1.41er wohl auch in der 9er installieren müssen. Usually I say never change a running system.

Thanx

Hi folks,

The performance improvement on my machine is just ENORMOUS. Gone from low 20's FPS to 35 constant. It just doesn't make any difference now, should the displays be on or off (was dropping fps from 35 to 20).

What to say? THANKS!!!!!! I was about to drop my (previously bottlenecking) CPU and throw some hundred euros in a new one and its motherboard. I just won't.

OK, now I will try the FMS. And BTW, Cameron: don't say installer will not erase settings... I now have to redo my complete custom pilotview set-up! ;-)

Cheers!

So so, wo ist denn dann das Backend installiert, wenn beide X-Plane 9 und 10 Versionen darauf zurückgreifen? Im X-Plane Folder kann es ja nicht sein. Well....dann werde ich die 1.41er wohl auch in der 9er installieren müssen. Usually I say never change a running system.

For the sake of other users, please stick to English.

The "backend" I'm talking about is some libraries that are under $HOME/Library/Frameworks on Mac. Theoretically, it might work with both plugins - but given the amount of compatibility workarounds we have to do anyway, we decided it is best to start clean all over.

Philipp

I have solved my crashing issue... now i need a tutorial on the new FMC... it won't accept any waypoints... i have tried about 5 from 3 different locations that i use to fly out of in the old 1.3 CRJ and back... what happened?

With the new version you have to enter the first To WPT on the FPLN1 page (this is correct as the real training documentation says it is done this way). You have to put the first waypoint in the RLSK4 position on FPLN1 page, before you can proceed with your flightplan on the next page.

I'm pretty sure I did NOT say that. In fact, quoting myself: "Your liveries/downloaded paints will be safe in this process!"

You're right! I'll RTFM next time.

BTW, pilotview setup is finished, I have a complete LFML-LFLB fpl loaded, included SID & STAR (love that new ACT-SEL logic!), up to here it works like a charm. Time to start APU...

Charles

With the new version you have to enter the first To WPT on the FPLN1 page (this is correct as the real training documentation says it is done this way). You have to put the first waypoint in the RLSK4 position on FPLN1 page, before you can proceed with your flightplan on the next page.

I got your email. Sorry about that.

I thought i had solved my Crashing on startup problem: I removed the CRJ from the folder and started it up... changed my start up aircraft to the C172 and it worked.. then i quit the XP program. I then restarted it with the CRJ installed... it started fine with the C172 as the first aircraft and then i was able to switch to the CRJ just fine... everything worked...

but now the CRJ is set to be the pop up aircraft when loading and now it is crashing the same way... how can i fix this?

Hello, Folks,

We have found an errant file roaming around in our patched release that may be causing your crash plus other issues! I am currently re-compiling the installers now and request that you re-download the CRJ shortly! You will also receive an e-mail about this when it is time!

I am closing this topic just briefly until we get the patched files uploaded. Should be within the hour!

Ok, All,

Files have been re-uploaded and ready for you to download! You should receive a new e-mail about this, and we do apologize for the inconvenience!

The content of the e-mail was as follows:

Earlier today you may have received an e-mail from us about a recent update to version 1.4.1 of the CRJ-200 for X-Plane. If you are a new customer within the last 24 hours then you would not have received the e-mail in question, but this message still applies to you, so read on!

Unfortunately, an old file was left in the package that may cause crashes to X-Plane when running the CRJ. Because of this, we request that you please re-download the CRJ at your leisure, as the new installer has fixed this issue! Even if your CRJ is not crashing at this time it is STRONGLY urged that you re-download the installer and run it in order to ensure you are completely up to date with your files! This will make providing you with support easier in the future.

Also, some of our customers have been confused as to where to install NAVDATA from the AIRAC cycle program. We no longer install this data into the usual spot, and the data type has changed! Please see the following topic to understand how to install and what type of data format to download when updating your AIRAC files (this is optional to those of you unaware):

We realize your time is valuable and we apologize for this inconvenience!

NOTE: You may install this update over your current installation. Please note it will NOT delete your add-on paints/liveries!

Installation and download instructions:

1. Go to your X-Aviation order page here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php (You may need to login).

2. Find your past order history invoice containing your CRJ-200 order and click the magnifying glass icon next to it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you'll find a download link for your CRJ-200 update. It will be highlighted in blue text that says: "Take Command!: CRJ-200".

4. Follow the prompts in the installer and enjoy your freshly upgraded CRJ-200!

Thanks for choosing X-Aviation as your provider for high quality X-Plane add-ons!

Best Regards,

X-Aviation.com

This topic is now back open for posting.

Also, some of our customers have been confused as to where to install NAVDATA from the AIRAC cycle program. We no longer install this data into the usual spot, and the data type has changed! Please see the following topic to understand how to install and what type of data format to download when updating your AIRAC files (this is optional to those of you unaware): http://forums.x-pilo...navdata-format/

So where do I get this data? Referenced topic doesn't give this info.