• Hot Start Updates CL650 for X-Plane 11 & 12

Cameron

Hot Start has released an update for their popular Challenger 650 aircraft, bringing it to version 1.7. The update includes several new features, bug fixes, and improvements. Here are some of the highlights:

Two-Pilot Shared Cockpit: The update implements a two-pilot shared cockpit feature, allowing multiple users to fly together in the same aircraft. A quick start guide is provided to assist users in setting up and using this feature.

X-Plane 12 Support: The Challenger 650 now fully supports X-Plane 12 on all platforms. Users can enjoy the enhanced features and performance of the latest version of X-Plane.

VHF COM Frequency Format: The update ensures that the VHF COM frequency formats now require the leading '1' digit to be entered. However, omitting the decimal point is still allowed.

Descent Advisory: If the flight plan does not contain suitable descent constraints for the FMS to anchor a descent, the FMS will provide a green "DES" circle on the flight plan and a "DES ADVISORY" in the MFD VNAV window. This is an estimated point for starting the descent to reach 1,500 ft AGL at 10 nm from the destination airport.

Removal of Custom Atmospheric Model on X-Plane 12: The custom CL650 atmospheric model has been removed for X-Plane 12, as X-Plane 12 now implements temperature effects on altimetry natively. Temperature effects are always enabled in X-Plane 12.

MIC Selector Audio: Even if the monitoring pushbutton is deselected, the MIC selector will enable audio for the selected radio. Users will still hear the audio from the radio if the MIC selector is set to that radio.

HUD Improvements: The HUD FMAs (Flight Mode Annunciators) will no longer display the speed target for FLC or the FPM target for VS, as the real HUD does not show them.

Display of Secondary Flight Plan: When the CDU is on SEC FPLN (Secondary Flight Plan) pages or related paths, the on-side PFD (Primary Flight Display) and MFD (Multi-Function Display) will show the secondary flight plan on their map displays only.

These updates and improvements enhance the functionality and realism of the Challenger 650 aircraft in X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 12. Users can download the update from X-Aviation to enjoy the latest features and fixes.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Are there going to be any feather updates for Challenger 650? X-Plane 12 is evolving into a great simulator. I have noticed the the cockpit reflection are not the quality on X-Plane 12. No sun reflection on the Pro 21 MFD/PFD. I am not sure if the windshield heat has been fixed after the LUA windshield disabled script. There seems to be no wind, weather radar, runway condition effects for the Challenger 650. Believe me, I do not like sliding out runway, but flying the Challenger 650 in X-Plane 12 is unrealistic and should stay with X-Plane 11 only.  I know it is a lot of work to update the plane, but for the cost of this plane I would expect something updated.  I like this plane and now have over 1100 hours with the plane. Just do not get stale watching X-Plane advance. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 11:46 AM, N53E said:

Are there going to be any feather updates for Challenger 650?

Yes. What are you looking for specifically? Most (all?) of the issues/missing features you mention are due to XP 12 itself, and can only be solved/added once LR do their side of the job. Sadly this is happening very slowly.

Edited by Pils
    • Like 1

It's all in the details with flight sims! Fingers crossed for fixes on the windshield heat and adding wind effects to make the Challenger 650 in X-Plane 12 feel more realistic. With over 1100 hours, it's time for a fresh update to keep things exciting.

• Upvote 1