Anti-Skid INOP

Xstasus

19 hours ago, Litjan said:

Xander, what is wrong with the anti-skid? There is no real anti-skid in X-Plane, unfortunately... You will get the smoke and the squealing if you stomp on the brakes.

Jan

Hey Jan,

Thank you for taking the time to reply on my post. The problem is that when i want to brake to reduce the ground speed during taxi, i press the brake pedals slightly and wheels just tend to stop rotating (block)..

Furthermore, is there anyway the deceleration of the autobrakes can be increased a bit more, i feel that i  need to use reverse thrust to get to a halt, however, i prefer idle reverse (going green ;) ).

Also is SETI currently modeled, as i have difficulty controlling the aircraft just using one engine?

Once again thank you for taking the time to respond and developing this amazing aircraft. 

Kind regards,

Xander

Hi Xander,

There is a thread about braking and brake-pedals - I dont think this is really in our court, maybe more Laminars...

The deceleration levels for the autobrake are default X-Plane, we can´t overwrite those... I agree that the values are a bit less than in the real aircraft, I prefer to use 3 or MAX (which ISNT maximum braking, despite the misleading name...).

SETI works for me, just tried to make sure. What is the problem you face?

Thanks for the nice words!

Jan

Edited by Litjan

Thank you for explaining the matter.

With SETI i have difficulties controlling the aircraft in the turns (i understand its difficult against the engine operating is difficult, but it should be possible :) ). Also, i just can't keep the momentum going, without crossing N1 40% which requires additional cool down time ;) making the SETI effort useless. :P 

Kind regards,

Xander

Edited by Xstasus

Hi Xander,

I experience the same - but this is attributed to X-Plane´s physics modeling in tight turns. It just bleeds energy very fast...maybe we can tweak the ground model a tiny bit better...

But here is my offer - you run that single engine up a bit higher and forget about the cooldown time - and I will pay for all the extra maintenance costs that you will suffer! ;)

Jan

• Upvote 1