First Ever X-Pilot Fly in!

Oliver

Hi Everyone,

I'm pleased to announce the first fly in to unite X-Pilot members in the virtual world!

I have organized together a fly in to be held at KMPI on Sunday September 12th starting at 10 AM (GMT -4), 3PM (GMT +1) and 4PM (GMT +2)

Basically this fly in is made to meet other X-Pilot flyers, and to teach people who have never used VatSim how to use it and the proper procedures.

You can fly whatever you want to the fly in but may I suggest XA planes, especially the MU2 as it has an CSL and it would be nice to see 10s of MUs flying around KMPI! but again just fly whatever you want! and have fun with it!

The KMPI scenery is available at x-plane.org at http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=11317

XSquawkbox is available at http://www.xsquawkbox.net/

The directions to install are pretty straight forward, but if you do have any questions just write them on this thread or send me a PM!

It'l be nice to see fellow X-Pilot pilots in the X-Plane world!

Hope you can join this,

Oliver

(ZE 007)

PS if you could list your call signs here it would be nice, as it may be complicated to know who's who while we're all out and about flying around!

PPS We need lotsa' people to make this memorable!!!  :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool Oliver! now I'm even more frustrated by our timezone difference, to fly n chat with the xpilot crew around my scenery  would be wonderful, but Goran knows my curfew! 12am local time is divorce territory, and it's too cold in our garage right now.

please take lots of screenshots, so I can at least imagine it!

oh, and if u can get more than 10, I'll create an 'inaugural x-pilot fly in' honor board with all callsigns, so this historic moment in xplane history lives on  ;D

Cool Oliver! now I'm even more frustrated by our timezone difference, to fly n chat with the xpilot crew around my scenery  would be wonderful, but Goran knows my curfew! 12am local time is divorce territory, and it's too cold in our garage right now.

please take lots of screenshots, so I can at least imagine it!

oh, and if u can get more than 10, I'll create an 'inaugural x-pilot fly in' honor board with all callsigns, so this historic moment in xplane history lives on  ;D

Don't you worry Simon! I already planned another fly in for Aussies! Probably will be one of those coming weekends! I'd drink a few Red Bulls and some coffee and stay up all night to fly with y'all! And yeah, I will take lots o screenshots for you, and I'm also gonna film the whole event and post the video on X-Pilot!

Here's hoping everyone enjoys KMPI as much as we do! Don't forget to detour over Yosemite National Park! And you may want to check out another spot, too...

Simon wanted to take this opportunity to pass on that we are hard at work on KMMH Mammoth/Yosemite, which serves Mammoth Mountain Ski Area & June Lake Ski Area. A preview of the main terminal building is below. We're going for major accuracy on this one. Nine buildings modeled so far, four more to go, including one hangar that is 2500 ft long. Horizon Air operates out of the facility, and bizjets often crowd the ramps, but the scenery around KMMH is what makes this setting such a gem.

post-1263-131369588978_thumb.jpg

hehe, so now u  know why I've had a video vacation- replaced with a sketchup model tweaking and Texturing workathon. Now I know how Theo feels, keeping up with the Chip Machine is hard work.

so now I can formally put out the call- anyone with obscure, useful photos of KMMH, please contact me so we can get this as real as we can! anything, even little things like rubbish bin placement/ shape, i wanna get right.

thanks

simon

Hi Everyone,

I'm pleased to announce the first fly in to unite X-Pilot members in the virtual world!

I have organized together a fly in to be held at KMPI on Sunday July 12th starting at 10 AM (GMT -4), 3PM (GMT +1) and 4PM (GMT +2)

I cant help but be funny here, but i dont really want to wait till 2015 which happens to be the next time july 12th ends on a Sunday. can we make it a little sooner then that? :)

Hi Everyone,

I have organized together a fly in to be held at KMPI on Sunday July 12th starting at 10 AM (GMT -4), 3PM (GMT +1) and 4PM (GMT +2)

I cant help but be funny here, but i dont really want to wait till 2015 which happens to be the next time july 12th ends on a Sunday. can we make it a little sooner then that? :)

Good one Jack! but isn't 2015 the release date for the CRJ? Plus it'll give me time to perfect the scenery, just enough time...

Yeah Andy, but it'll be good to see the screenies & vid.

I'm only generally able to fly on Saturdays (US Friday arvos) from about 4.00pm SanFran time or about 2300 UTC.

I finally had time to learn WED more today. Removed a few duplicate airport boundaries that were causing the weird night snow effect. Now it's lovely and dark everywhere, so the lights are looking even better. A new clubhouse built by chip 'only' took me 4 hrs to cull and then texture. Hehe, he loves intricate windows with 50 segments a piece, I got RSI deleting them all...

Then got anal-retentive and used Kiofka's fantastic overlay hints to reposition the fenceline to remove hovering fences.

So i'll be uploading the update to org in about 14 hrs.

Last update will be after I texture a bushfire lookout tower, before I start the 'Mammoth' KMMH Mammoth. Just took off from there, incredible mountains nearby. Can't wait for Norcal to see that in action.

post-985-131369589031_thumb.jpg

So what time (GMT) is this fly-in? They way you worded it confused me  :)

"10 AM (GMT -4), 3PM (GMT +1) and 4PM (GMT +2)". Does that mean 3 fly-ins or are you doing the conversions to some time zones and there's just 1 fly-in?

No Theo there is only one fly in. This just means that if you are in time zone -4 GMT its at 10am your local time GMT+1 3PM local time, GMT+2 4PM local time. Hope this clears things up. Sadly this means that here in Australia with GMT+10 it starts at  12 in the night

OK, newest version of KMPI is here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11317

You've got a new clubhouse to have a few beers in, AFTER your sojourn. Thanks to Kiofka for giving me the tip re. Overlay Editor and adjusting fencelines.

Learnt WED basics, so another Helipad on the other side of the strip, looks spectacular at night. I shudder to think what the combination of Norcal and the new lighting systems of XP10 will do for the sim!

And Theo, if you fly there, be easy on me, my textures are nothing compared to yours! But Sketchup is a real pain to use for textures, agree?

Link to the OTHER blog that Chip's established for our scenery work, with some very nice pics of the latest incarnation:

http://xp10designgroup.wordpress.com/2010/09/12/latest-kmpi-images/

post-985-131369589062_thumb.jpg

post-985-131369589074_thumb.jpg

post-985-131369589088_thumb.jpg