More impressed than I thought I would be!

kneighbour

Wow. I was used to flying the 732 a bit and really loved the SAAB 340, so was getting used to very high quality aircraft. But this is even better! While it all looks perfect and all the systems seem to work just fine, it is the 'feel', however that is defined. Sitting in the seat just seems right. The distances to the panels seem right, all that sort of thing. Did a few very clumsy flights and it flies beautifully. Very impressed. Easily worth the $100 I spent for it (Australia).

Had only a few 'funny' experiences. Not problems...

1. selected 'nose right' on pushback and got nose left. Bit weird. Other times it worked just fine. Probably me, or since we are upside down here in Australia....

2. the bitmaps in the cabin are not right. Very little interest to me, but just in case you think they are right, they are not. You have a galley bitmap on the right wall (walking back). As I say, don't care in the least myself.

3. On my last landing, one reverser did not operate. The right one stayed undeployed, and one indicator light came on as you would expect. I should have checked this of course, but applied thrust, so had a fancy trip down the runway before I noticed the problem! Would have totally failed my checkride. I had to taxi back with one engine shutdown. Loved the realism! Loved the failure. I only mention it just in case this was not meant to be a failure. I could not see how to reset the failure on the failure screen, so perhaps it is not meant to happen?

As far as I can tell, no framerate hit at all.

10/10 from me.

PS - now I will go and read the manuals...

Edited by kneighbour

I'll let the other guys comment on most of yourself, but...

1 hour ago, kneighbour said:

2. the bitmaps in the cabin are not right. Very little interest to me, but just in case you think they are right, they are not. You have a galley bitmap on the right wall (walking back). As I say, don't care in the least myself.

Glad you're enjoying it, Kerry! :)