Alert sounds not working

melegeert

Hi melegeert,

in your log, I can see that you have quaite a lot of plugins running. I had some longer time ago a problem with the sounds as well and it was linked to a plugin. I cannot remember which one it was... 

Hoewever, just give it a try.

best regards, 

Sebastian

I tried to update gizmo to V14.01.16.0253 and that didn't work. Also, it says my Gizmo firmware is 14.01.12.2256.

You seem to be misunderstanding, so I'll simplify this for you...

The sounds are not present in our CRJ code and as such there is nothing you can do on your end to add them. Philipp's explanation is the reasoning for this.

It seems many people have problems with Gizmo. Not to mention you aren't very tactful,"You seem to be misunderstanding, so I'll simplify this for you... "

What I read is,"Make sure to purchase other places than x-aviation otherwise you'll be missing aspects of a purchase even though you paid the same price you would have other places."

Any chance this code will be updated?

Edited by melegeert

It seems many people have problems with Gizmo.

This is true...if we're in the year 2012 and before. You can read more about that here. Since this fix in 2012 there are no known outstanding issues with Gizmo.

Not to mention you aren't very tactful

You misunderstood Philipp to think you could update something, and I could see why, so clarification was necessary. Plainly put: You misunderstood.

Any chance this code will be updated?

Unfortunately I don't believe so. That code resides within the CRJ code Philipp built. As this product has been on market and considered "complete" for years, I don't think we'll see this. I know it's a miss of sorts, but luckily that particular sound is really the only thing different between any versions.

Hope that helps to answer your concern at the very least!