OpenGL Crash - Error Code #9

Syonco

Hello.

First let me say i've no idea if it's SkyMaxx that's causing this error, google led me here so forgive me if it's something else :)

I've only had X-plane 10 for a few days, and after installing this particular addon my game crashes shortly after loading in.

Attaching the log.txt file here, hopefully it's the right one?

Specs :

i7 5930k @ 4.2Ghz

Corsair Vengance 2800Mhz 16GB

Nvidia 970 Gigabyte Windforce edition x2 SLI

Asus Rampage Formula V Extreme

Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance

Log.txt

Your log tells us that the crash happened within the core of X-Plane itself and not from SkyMaxx Pro, but it happened shortly after a large number of clouds were created after entering a storm.

"Error code 9" is coming from your NVidia drivers. Only NVidia knows what it means exactly, and there is no online documentation that I can find - only lots of people encountering it with various applications (usually Minecraft) and trying to figure out what it means.

My best guess is that it is an indication of running out of video memory. So, to prevent this from happening, you need to configure X-Plane to use less GPU memory.

Some ideas would be to remove custom scenery, or reduce the cloud draw distance and/or cloud detail settings in the SkyMaxx Pro configuration. Turning off HDR could also help, if you have it on. Multi-sample anti aliasing can also be a memory hog.

Thanks for the swift reply!

It would seem the theory of running out of video memory is true. After searching just about all day today this is the only "answer" i could dig up. I'll try and dial some of the sliders back a notch or two to see if it helps! Funny how getting OOM crashes is what caused me to give up FSX/Prepar3D, only to get them here as well is....funny!

Thanks again :)