Google 3D Warehouse Xplane10?

cptcaptain

Not usually. x-plane requires a single texture only being used, and won't accept sketch up' colouring tools. If multiple textures or colours are used (and they usually are), then you can't export it.

If you fancied re-texturing everything it may be possible but I doubt it would be worth it usually.

Correct on Colin's assertion. Any objects, once uploaded to Trimble, are free to use by anyone for any purpose. This includes derived commercial works based on those objects. Trimble themselves even go out of the way to include simple laymans terms and examples regarding use of the objects in a for-pay or commercial works.

Terms are not quite that permissible. There are several restrictions.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/tos.html

http://help.sketchup.com/en/article/3000049

Can I incorporate models from 3D Warehouse into my website for use by my members?

Answer: No, this is impermissible aggregation.

Can I include models from 3D Warehouse in the research project I am publishing?

Answer: No, this is impermissible aggregation. You need approval of each developer.

(One of multiple) License Restrictions:

Aggregate any content (including Models) obtained from the Site for redistribution, or use or distribute any content obtained from the Site in a mapping or geographic application or service, except as expressly authorized under these Terms.

if you are using a Google Geolocated Model, you are only licensed to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute and use such Model and you shall not use or incorporate such Model in any application, product, service, database or repository.

Basically a whole pile of legal grey goo. Not something I'd choose to touch by creating some kind of plugin for X-Plane to provide integration. Tempting as it may be.

Ben, I believe in English this license can be translated approximately as follows, and is nearly identical for any 3D warehouse or texture provider: 

You can use this stuff freely, but you can't redistribute each piece alone without permission. 

Correct on Colin's assertion. Any objects, once uploaded to Trimble, are free to use by anyone for any purpose. This includes derived commercial works based on those objects. Trimble themselves even go out of the way to include simple laymans terms and examples regarding use of the objects in a for-pay or commercial works.

Could you give the place where it has the laymans terms for this? I'm not doubting you, I'd just like it to use to back this up. 

Ben Russell - we have a bit of a fun time reading these things sometimes: First of all, to quote your quote (quoteception) we see the following sentence: 

Aggregate any content (including Models) obtained from the Site for redistribution, or use or distribute any content obtained from the Site in a mapping or geographic application or service, except as expressly authorized under these Terms.

And by the Terms (ie the terms as set out by the agreement, hence the capitalization of the word terms), you can use the models freely. That is legal filler. It's like having a gas station that says "the terms of use of this gasoline (the "Terms") are that you may use this gasoline for anything. However, you may not use the gasoline for anything other than that which is covered by the Terms." And, in this case, you can use it for anything. I don't know what this is called but it's kind of a loose-ends tie up in case of a more complicated license that is included in pretty much anything.

As for the geolocated models, there is no way for the coordinate system to translate from Google Earth directly to X-Plane, meaning that putting it in X-Plane would be a form of reproduction or publishing, which is clearly stated as permissible.