New to XP10

simbabeat

Hi guys, I finally got XP10 installed and am ready to start flying.

Back when I used to fly XP9 I had so much scenery installed, and I guess I begin on that process again now.

I seem to recall a download of scenery in xp9 that had about 500 airports, and while they were not high quality, they were something to populate the XP world. I also seem to remember a developers website that had many US based airports.

Basically, what's the quickest way for me to populate my whole xp10 world today? Even if it is just pretty bad airports. 

Thanks for the suggestions!

Simon

what's the quickest way for me to populate my whole xp10 world today? Even if it is just pretty bad airports. 

If you still have your V9.7 installation on a hard drive, you could just copy all your V9 custom scenery over to your V10 Custom Scenery folder.  Even though they may not look exactly as you recall in V9.7, they are still compatible…for the most part.  Make sure you copy over any object libraries you may have had, too.

If you still have your V9.7 installation on a hard drive, you could just copy all your V9 custom scenery over to your V10 Custom Scenery folder.  Even though they may not look exactly as you recall in V9.7, they are still compatible…for the most part.  Make sure you copy over any object libraries you may have had, too.

I don't have the v9 installation anymore. I guess I'll just start downloading every scenery pack I can I guess..

You should absolutely check out http://fred-e.net/x-plane-sceneries/ for some excellent airport layouts for the US.  Also Ted's Scenery Updates - http://theosdavis.com/xpfiles/downloads_v10.html - is a good source of US airports.  Of course there are hundreds more but that will get you started in the US.  That is the beauty of X-Plane, there are many talented and selfless souls who have dedicated a lot of their time and effort to provide us all with payware quality products which are available at no charge.  Happy hunting.

"That is the beauty of X-Plane, there are many talented and selfless souls who have dedicated a lot of their time and effort to provide us all with payware quality products which are available at no charge".

Andy;

That is so true; and thank you all for your continuing contributions. One gets the feeling its a community encouraging/helping fellow pilots or aspiring pilots to obtain the ultimate flight experience, opposes to the feeling of being nickel and dime.