Is My Laptop Good Enough??

BKL

I am planning on buying X Plane very soon.  I am brand new to flight sim but excited to get started.  Can anyone provide insight on the quality of my hardware and if X Plane will run well (meaning smooth, with decent graphics) for the following hardware I currently have. It an Alienware laptop, just purchase three months ago:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Processor is Intel Core i7-4800 MQ up to 3.7 gHz

RAM is 32 GB

Graphics Card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M with 3 GB RAM

Screen has a 120 refresh rate (not sure if that matters)

HD is 800 GB with 100 GB from solid state drive

I think it will be good, but I just want to be sure if I need to consider anything else.

Thank you,

Brian

I use XPX on my Toshiba , though its not all maxed but pretty close. I am trying the performance as a Hack intosh / linux / windows. the best performance I got was from Linux . In linux it loads XPX without any load on the system.

with the rendering settings I have I am pulling a good 20-25  fps especially in europe using tonys tool and even in seattle its flyable. but due to the limitation of my GT525m i don't tend use clouds it just kills. But this is not the main system I run XPX but my desktop.

What you got there on a laptop is pretty strong.

• 1 month later...