Help with night livery please

Nicola_M

I really don't understand this, so bear with me.

I've done a livery for the FJS Q400.  Got the daytime livery done, no problems.  Using their paintkit, I have pasted in the png file of the daytime livery into their LIT paintkit in the section "paste your livery here" and saved it as the LIT file for that item.

All fine.  The LIT png files are showing up nice and dark, with the lit areas showing as they should, like for the tail as an example.

BUT when I load the aircraft at night, THIS is what I get.  Fluorescent white livery at night, even though it's fine and dark on the LIT files.  And it's with every single one of the Q400 liveries.  All of them, not just my Landor one, so it's not my livery at fault.  Below is the Wideroe livery that ships with the Q.

srtstrew.jpg

The LIT png file for the Landor's tail, looking correct:

Tail_LIT.png

But look how the tail looks in the sim at night.  Nothing like the above png:

yrwetewt.jpg

It's not doing it with any other aircraft, so I can't blame my settings.  I just haven't a clue why it's doing this.  Googling any combination of xplane and this fault has drawn a total blank.

Does anyone have any ideas please, as I'm fresh out of thoughts on this one?

Edited by Nicola_M