Air Malaysia 777 Missing

Jim Kallinen

they did say that oil slicks were found, if the plane exploded mid air, the fuel probably would've spread out much more than just two slicks, assuming those slicks are from the jet

A marine scientist reported they were likely cyanobacteria blooms and not an oil slick. Lost the page though

Edited by Orcair

Guys,

i only wrote what i think. They did say that they are not sure if the "Oil slicks" are really oil slicks. If they are it looks like the plane has dumped fuel, or? 

If the plane broke apart (hopefully not true) the fuel would not have ignited and would be on the surface for a while, as was the case with SR111. I don't believe fuel dumping leaves that much concentrated in one area but I have no concrete evidence.

What are the chances it went down in North Korea?

Really...

I mean I am open to theories but this one makes no sense. China has stated the plane never reached their airspace, which it would have had to pass through to get to NK.

post-5253-0-87775300-1394338093_thumb.pn

Thanks to GC Mapper for the map.

Edited by Orcair

What are the chances it went down in North Korea?

No chance, because the plane went done over the south china sea. Thats about 1000 km away from North Korea. But if we are hoping for a miracle, then there might be a chance of the plane being hijacked and flown to someplace we don't know. 

• Upvote 2

From the BBC, according to the Vietnamese Air Force, there has been a debris sighting, which appears to be from the aircraft (although it is a single piece of wreckage, from the picture it looks to be something like an emergency exit door).

Apparently the search effort has also been widened to include the Malacca Straight, between Indonesia and Malaysia, and this area is being patrolled by Indonesia aircraft/ships.

As for the theory about slicks, etc, unless the aircraft came down in a few large piece, odds are there would not be any slicks of any size.  If the aircraft broke up, or was indeed blown up, the fuel would have ignited and burned quickly.  Contact was lost around 1:30AM local time over the Gulf of Thailand, so it was definitely dark, and at FL350, an explosion would have been visible on the ground/sea.  If the aircraft did indeed ditch, or go down in the sea, the fuel would not appear to be orange in colour, jet fuel is generally clear or straw coloured, but it would certainly cause a slick.

Now some are saying that the two passengers with stolen passports were secret agents… 

Sounds ridiculous to me. But if the plane broke apart in mid-air, that would at least explain why the radar showed something so strange. Maybe the loss of speed and the turning were the last seconds of the ELT before it smashed into 1000 pieces. 

Yes, it is really sad that in this day and age we can can still loose something so large and find no trace for days. But as the search widens I am sure something will show up soon.

The waiting is painful for all, and can you imagine what its like for those families with family on that plane.

Well...but even with transponder off, a primary radar trace should have been recorded by the radars covering the area. How is possible a plane vanish completely? Why nobody speaks clearly about the radar records? At least tell something consistent! Everybody can only think about a disintegration midair in this scenario! And all this rumors...in 2014??? And why they are searching in the malacca strait now??? Not to speak about the phone calls.

This reminds me of the Itavia dc-9 tragedy in Italy in the '80s. No informations, no wreckage, many speculations...but in our times is absurd that the news are so imprecise!!!

Sent from Mad iPad's Tapatalk

Phone mystery is not. Call my cell. Its been off for days, but it will ring on your end till my voice mail answers. I won`t know this till I turn it back back on.

huh, I've never seen a phone that does that! My phone (iPhone 4) won't ring if it's off... though if that's the case then it would make sense!