Can't update X-plane 10 for mac

NoKAP3

Try flus DNS cache, maybe your comp can't resolve correct IP. 

OS X Mountain Lion or Lion

Use the following Terminal command to reset the DNS cache:

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

Mac OS X v10.6

Use the following Terminal command to reset the DNS cache:

sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

I tried this. It has been taking over 5 minutes or so already so I am skeptical that it will work.

Under Preferences in the update, it wants to know whether my Firewall has a proxy and if yes, what is the proxy host and the proxy port. I am wondering if that is a problem. I tried to disable Symantec but didn't work. Could it be that I didn't fill in those boxes correctly? I cleared them a few minutes ago. they had said Symantec endpoint protection before

Edited by NoKAP3

I got it to work. Before I had filled in those boxes with Symantec end protection. So I cleared that and tried it with Symantec closed, but it didn't work. So instead of going back I closed X-Plane, and then tried again. This time it worked. So I guess I should've closed X-plane instead of just going back, and I should've not had those boxes filled in from the very beginning. 

Thank You all for your help

Edited by NoKAP3

There has not been a single successful virus with Mac OS X ever. Trojans? Yes. Viruses? No. When I say successful. I mean viruses that have spread. People have tried, they didn't spread. (Why would someone randomly enter their Admin password?)

Trojans are the user's fault, but the company protects against all known trojan issues.

Every time a vulnerability crops in a third party add-on (cough, flash, cough, java) it is shut down world wide until that third party updates it.

Leave Symantec off, it's a bag of hurt and protects against nothing. Yesterday I did something I do every 2-3 years, I ran ClamxAV which checks every known invader to OS X. Nothing. I do this to validate my claim: I am online 24/7. Nothing.