XP Scenery Generator [WIP]

tonywob

new coming houses (600+) with a more city-style-art are benig designed.... should go online within a few weeks :-) But, I'm dependend on the World2Xplane version. To fit the houses correctly I'll have to wait the next evolution of Tony's beta... not that those city-houses grow at Land ^^

cheers

Those houses are in number of 400+ right now, and up (WMM) and ready to be used for testing if wanted. In 2-3 weeks it will be 800 ;-)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Things I have to check with tony, maybe i did something wrong: they are all 3 storeys. In the lib I've put 3 to 6 stories buldings....

Edited by blacky75

Here are some shots of the work-in-progress 0.4.0, using 2 new features:

- Buildings facing the street. World2XPlane will calculate which side of the building is facing the street and try and place a building so the door lines up with the street. It's not always possible, as there can be multiple streets around a building, but it gives a bit of order to the somewhat random placement seen in 0.3.1.

- Taller buildings in cities

image.jpg

image.jpg

Blacky is still working on his tall European city buildings, so this will improve over time. But initial results are very promising

• Upvote 3

Did you install the world-models library (http://simheaven.com/experimental/world-models-master.7z)?. It's saying it is missing in the log file, so maybe the reason

Hi :)

I see in his log that he has the " world-models library " folder, but is't the last one from >> 17-Apr-2014 11:10 ......!? :rolleyes:

In the older one there was no "Blacky75" folder ..... !

guro ^_^

Hi guys :-) Here some shots of the Netherlands rendered with pre-beta 0.4.0... READ THE TXT file at the ftp, under http://simheaven.com/experimental/Europe/NeedsWMMFromWorld2Xplane/ (thnx to simheaven for hosting!)

Again, read the TXT file delivered with it.. or the question above will raise again ^^

Here some shots, take off from MAASTRICHT (NL)

AW139_15.jpg  AW139_16.jpg

AW139_17.jpg  AW139_19.jpg

AW139_20.jpg  AW139_21.jpg

AW139_23.jpg

This is just amazing!!! :-) ... I have a little request for simheaven ...is it possible to have the osm pre-rendered file without the autogen?... I know it's a double work ... But all this is so nice that this autogen buildings are really impossible to look at!!... :D :D

Anyway this project is getting day by day incredible!!!! :-)

Tapatalk

Very nice to see a better alternative to OSM2Xplane. A very good job is done here. OK, but then also some points; just tested the Netherlands, but in many places where I expect terraced houses there are a bundle of detached houses (with different forms and different colors). The result is too multicoloured. So place develop also terraced houses.

A good addition would be developing farms.

I saw also som 'bugs':

- flashing facades (I think there were two or more facades at the same place)

- trucks and fire trucks placed on different spots

- broken roads

This is just amazing!!! :-) ... I have a little request for simheaven ...is it possible to have the osm pre-rendered file without the autogen?... I know it's a double work ... But all this is so nice that this autogen buildings are really impossible to look at!!... :D :D

Tapatalk

The only I've upped w/o autogen is Netherlands 0.4.0 (on simheaven's). Now if you want more... i can't (no time), i might do italy .. but for the rest, ask PilotBalu at Simheaven ^^ ;-)

Cheers

I have a little request for simheaven ...is it possible to have the osm pre-rendered file without the autogen?... I know it's a double work ... But all this is so nice that this autogen buildings are really impossible to look at!!...

Hi Momix. I also prefer it without the autogen and I rarely use it. I think Simheaven will offer both when the scenery stablises a bit. At the moment, it's a pile of work to update all the scenery with each release.

where I expect terraced houses there are a bundle of detached houses (with different forms and different colors). The result is too multicoloured. So place develop also terraced houses.

A good addition would be developing farms.

I saw also som 'bugs':
- flashing facades (I think there were two or more facades at the same place)
- trucks and fire trucks placed on different spots
- broken roads

Thanks for the feedback. Well, there is a lack of artwork and regional models for the Netherlands. Someone will need to take up this task. Perhaps some of the 50 or so I created for the UK could be used, but they'd probably look a bit odd. 

I'm not sure what you mean about 'developing farms'. If you mean farm buildings, then we already have some from the R2 library, but since they are rarely tagged correctly in OSM, it's difficult to place them with any accuracy. Again, it's a question of resources and people helping out, and we are very thin on this at the moment.

Re:trucks and fire trucks placed on different spots. Not sure what you mean, if you are talking about the construction vehicles, then these are placed on building sites. Check the area in OSM, and you'll probably find they are building something there and it no longer matches the photo scenery you are using  :)

Re:broken roads - Yep some work is still needed on roads. It was added as experimental in 0.3.1, so there are still lots of probs.

I too would like to thank Tony, Blacky and anyone else contributing time and effort into this project - it is truly amazing. I'm using it with Australia OSM data to fill X-plane with landmarks like power stations, wind farms, communication towers, silos, chimneys etc. I'd drifted away from VFR flights for a while but this project has got me hooked on it again. Thank-you all.

If only we could get some more Simheaven love for the Land Downunder :)

• Upvote 2

:) Oops, US and Canadian guys say same... ;)

My main focus is Europe, as I know how countries and cities should look like from cockpit :) USA, Canada, Australia are soooo big, need an huge amount of tiles, server space (nobody would pay) and of course work... 

But... my love is with you... and with all people like (sim)flying and value the work of some people like you did in your post above! :)

I'm really glad to see people outside of Europe using this to some effect. Although mapping is quite weak down under, some of the cities are quite well populated. I'm hoping the application will encourage people to start mapping their local areas (Which in turn might have a knock on effect and get others mapping to).

Bonjour :)

@blacky

Désolé je l'écris en Français, sais pas comment traduire cela en Anglais. :(

Il y a quelque chose qui va pas avec les dernières " NeedsWMMFromWorld2Xplane/ " , j'ai téléchargé Austria, Belgium et Netherland et j'ai chaque fois une erreur malgré que j'ai téléchargé le "world-models-master" depuis le site "http://world2xplane.com/"

Et j'ai tous mis à la poubelle parce que je n'ai même plus une maison seulement des genres bâtiments industriels ..... :rolleyes:

exemple ICI sur Koksijde >> bk-11712.jpg

Tu sais peut-être dire le comment du pourquoi, parce ce que j'y comprend plus rien.

guro <_<

Extrait du log en annexe Part of log.txt>>

Edited by guro

Bonjour :)

@blacky

Désolé je l'écris en Français, sais pas comment traduire cela en Anglais. :(

Il y a quelque chose qui va pas avec les dernières " NeedsWMMFromWorld2Xplane/ " , j'ai téléchargé Austria, Belgium et Netherland et j'ai chaque fois une erreur malgré que j'ai téléchargé le "world-models-master" depuis le site "http://world2xplane.com/"

Et j'ai tous mis à la poubelle parce que je n'ai même plus une maison seulement des genres bâtiments industriels ..... :rolleyes:

exemple ICI sur Koksijde >> bk-11712.jpg

Tu sais peut-être dire le comment du pourquoi, parce ce que j'y comprend plus rien.

guro <_<

Extrait du log en annexe attachicon.gifPart of log.txt>>

a savoir: il existe encore des soucis entre les pays, sur une certaines distance. le plus simple, je t'aide pas MP... ici en FR ca ne le fait pas ^^ Mais à première vue, tu n'as pas installé les wmm... ca y ressemble fort en tout cas ;-)