Couple Bugs

DanielMyst777

I've been using SkyMaxx Pro since introduction and a few things I have noticed:

1) When SkyMaxx Pro is updating weather from default METAR or XSquawkbox or NOAA weather plug-in, the simulator will pause for 1-2 seconds        and drastically shift the roll/velocity of the plane in question. This sometimes causes issues for a plane's AP and will disconnect it on occasion.

2) I sometimes stumble on a weird bug where all the scenery on x-plane will disappear when the weather updates. Only the clouds and sky are             visible (the sky curves around the plane replacing the ground since the ground is not there). To fix this, I have to change the view to a ground         tower/airport view to get the ground textures back. 

Anyone else experiencing these issues so far? 

Let me play tonight and see what I can come up with as far as the second issue.  If anyone here is able to replicate the issue a SS would be most helpful.....Personally I haven't ever seen scenery disappear.....

Sometimes weather updates are a bit harsh in X-Plane, if the update is drastic wind speed can be reported much higher then the previous report.  This would explain how the aircraft can perform differently after an update....  SkyMAXX doesn't effect how the weather is reported, just presents clouds...  From what you are telling me I think this is what you are seeing......

If the pause between updates is heavy on your sim,  I  suggest revisiting your rendering options and SkyMAXX UI options.  Elements such as crepuscular rays or water reflections hit lesser systems pretty heavily.

Additionally in the rendering options draw distance, shadows,  texture resolution and water refections are also heavy hitters.....

Let me play tonight and see what I can come up with as far as the second issue.  If anyone here is able to replicate the issue a SS would be most helpful.....Personally I haven't ever seen scenery disappear.....

Sometimes weather updates are a bit harsh in X-Plane, if the update is drastic wind speed can be reported much higher then the previous report.  This would explain how the aircraft can perform differently after an update....  SkyMAXX doesn't effect how the weather is reported, just presents clouds...  From what you are telling me I think this is what you are seeing......

If the pause between updates is heavy on your sim,  I  suggest revisiting your rendering options and SkyMAXX UI options.  Elements such as crepuscular rays or water reflections hit lesser systems pretty heavily.

Additionally in the rendering options draw distance, shadows,  texture resolution and water refections are also heavy hitters.....

Thank you for the additional advice on this topic. I understand the "heavy hitters" and how they could affect load speed transitions. I am just hoping there is room for improvement on these transitions as far as the code in SkyMaxx Pro goes  ;)

As for the second bug I have reported, I really believe this is caused while scenery is being loaded in the background during flight (most likely heavy scenery like mountains and orthophoto scenery) and there is a weather transition (such as no clouds to lots of clouds, etc).

I also use XsquawkBox and sometimes NOAA Weather Plug-in with SkyMaxx Pro but I have been able to narrow down these bugs to just SkyMaxx Pro. 

Here are some addition stats:

X-Plane 10.25 (64-bit)

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Gizmo (Rev. 1/15/14)

XSquawkBox 1.2b

NOAA Weather Plugin 1.5.9

X-Plane Textures:

ExtremeRes!

HDR On

Overlay Shadows

Advanced Reflections

FYI:

Gizmo version numbers are a slightly modified ISO date and do not need any "reformatting"

There is no such release as 1/15/14 - this change you have made means that I have aboslutely no idea which version you're really using.

14.01.16.0253 decodes to 2:53am, 16th January 2014.

Yes you are correct.

I am using Gizmo64 14.01.16.0253