Alt Static

danhenri

Hello Jim,

Let me say first how I love flying your plane.

May you tell us some more about the 2 buttons Alt Static and Heted Ind Air (or something like that... ) ? Do they have any effect on the aircraft ? And what's about ELT button in the real plane ?

I noticed that some readouts are becoming yellow sometimes (for example on the leaning assist mode) : I suppose that it is something to avoid...

In 3D mode, I think that the left side of the windscreen reduces the field of view (it's better to move the FOV on the right a little bit) : is it the same in the real plane ?

Your aircraft invites me to leave liners at apron for some time and to meet the pleasures of VFR flights one again !

Daniel.

Hello Jim,

Let me say first how I love flying your plane.

May you tell us some more about the 2 buttons Alt Static and Heted Ind Air (or something like that... ) ? Do they have any effect on the aircraft ? And what's about ELT button in the real plane ?

I noticed that some readouts are becoming yellow sometimes (for example on the leaning assist mode) : I suppose that it is something to avoid...

In 3D mode, I think that the left side of the windscreen reduces the field of view (it's better to move the FOV on the right a little bit) : is it the same in the real plane ?

Your aircraft invites me to leave liners at apron for some time and to meet the pleasures of VFR flights one again !

Daniel.

Daniel,

Thanks for the nice comments.  I am glad your enjoying the aircraft.

The Alternate Static Air and Heated Induction Air provide alternate sources in the event of icing or other blovkage.  The Heated Induction Air is described in detail in the POH pg. 83.  X-Plane does simulate failure (blockage) of the Alternate Static Air port but does not simulate the Heated Induction Air.  The ELT is not simulated.

Many of the gages (needles, bars, pointers, LEDs, etc.) will turn yellow or red when the values they represent fall into the corresponding range on the gage scale.  When leaning the mixture (using the "ASSIST" page of the MFD) the values may rise into the yellow or even the red range (which is OK momentarily) and you should continue to lean the mixture to bring these values back below the yellow range (approx. 50-75 degrees lean of peak).  This is also described in more detail in the POH.

The view in the real plane is actually quite good.  You may want to adjust your FOV in the rendering settings. The page up and page down keys will also allow you to move closer to/farther away from the cockpit panel, which may also help.

I hope this helps.

Jim

Thanks Jim for your answers. I read in the checklist that Induction heated air has to be settled on OFF position when starting. But how does the button Alternate Static Air have to be settled in flight's different phases ?

Daniel.

Daniel,

The Alternate Static Air should be left in the "NORM" position in most cases.  The only time it is used is if the Static Port becomes blocked, at which time you would switch to "ALT".

Jim