Manual start, propeller sync

I have some questions:

Manual start: when do you use it? Hot or cold temperature, high altitude of the plate, after a hot start, never (too lazy) ?

Propeller sync: it seems to me that it is easier to roll staight on the runway for takeoff when it is disable.

I don't see any difference in flight. Is it me, or is it real?

Yaw damper: with or without? Here also i don't see any difference.

Claude.

Edited by birdy.dma

I was quite long flying with PMDG Jetstream 41, which is a little different so I can be wrong because I brought a lot of habits (feel free to correct me, please :-) ):

- manual start - just for fun. But I've never flied a Jetstream neither to Alaska nor Qatar so I haven't had problems with cold/hot temperature. (The wildest place was Lerwick in Scotland, but heavy storm with high humidity was obviously not a problem.)

- prop sync - in PMDG manual there is a quote from real pilot that they use it only during cruise. They slows one propeller a bit (98% RPM ->97.8% in speed cruise or 96%->95.8% for econ cruise) and then engage the prop sync.

- yaw damper - I use it in cruise and apporach. But to tell the truth I've never noticed a big dutch-rolling neither in FSX or in X-Plane - which is the reason why yaw damper is there. (May be it's just unnoticeable in the sim? In real life you would have the floor of the passenger cabin covered with vomits, but in the sim you don't pay the cleaning lady anyway :) )

Edited by eMko