NOAA Plugin and SkymaXXPro

flydav

I followed John's suggestions to use the NOAA plugin but I'm not understanding a few things in the settings regarding the switch to Metar option and the altitude that this is supposed to happen. What is this? Could you please post a screenshot of the settings you recommend that work best with Skymaxx? Thanks a lot!

Hi flydav, when you've saved your plugin settings for NOAA Weather, you need to go into XP weather menu check the 'use weather from the net' option is selected (I can't recall exactly what the radio button is called).

I don't know if it's required, but I always initiate a manual download, after which NOAA seems to settle into the downloads itself.

I'm not sure about the flight level thing within the plugin ... best bet would be to contact Joan (author) and I think there might be some documentation as well in the install folders .. but will have to wait until I get home ...

The EDIT:

Also found this on the Org;

The first wind level is at FL100 let some space to let x-plane transition from the metar wind.
So yes 5000 is a great value. But you must enter the Flight Level on the settings window so 5 is the value to set.

That's what will happen:

From 0 to 5000 xplane sets weather (METAR)
At 5000 feet GFS controls weather, sets the next wind layer to FL100 and x-plane will transition as you ascents.
GFS will control winds for the rest of layers.
During the descent at 5000 feet GFS will enable METAR again and X-Plane will do a time based transition to the METAR values.

Edited by Kris Pryo

• 3 months later...

Sorry to enter in this post but I am fighting against a problem that probably is related to these plugins.

I bought Skymaxx plugin and am using NOAA plugin.

I pst the capacity to setup a real clean blue sky.

I don't know why but I can access the  weather setup in the x-plane directory. It remains fixed in the GRAB REAL WEATHER FROM THE NET option..

Maybe is due to these plugins? or is that a bug?

Thanks in advance if someone could give some help.

post-15955-0-74392900-1395594345_thumb.p