What did you fly today?

Maxime

How did you do that?

It's been awhile for me but I did the same thing for a couple of models and never really finished them. There was some tool, I think, that converted the FSX object files into something useable and then you have to go through and re-animate everything and sort out the textures because the texture regions usually got pretty messed up in the conversion. Once you got all the animating and texturing worked out you find the same plane in X-Plane and use it's flight model but make it invisible underneath the objects. It's really only good for making things look good. Unless you get permission from all parties it's not really anything you can ever redistribute.

Edited by WombatBoy
  • Upvote 1

It's been awhile for me but I did the same thing for a couple of models and never really finished them. There was some tool, I think, that converted the FSX object files into something useable and then you have to go through and re-animate everything and sort out the textures because the texture regions usually got pretty messed up in the conversion. Once you got all the animating and texturing worked out you find the same plane in X-Plane and use it's flight model but make it invisible underneath the objects. It's really only good for making things look good. Unless you get permission from all parties it's not really anything you can ever redistribute.

Yep. WombatBoy and I actually did it side by side and learned together how it worked but as he mentioned, unfortunately it's not possible to distribute them. 

Is this the (State of Florida, Real Scenery) from X-Aviation? If so; How is the night lighting, do you still get that night time WOW factor?  

Just to let you know that this is an illegal aircraft as it was converted from fs9 to x-plane. I had this plane and deleted it as soon as i found out.

• Downvote 2

Just to let you know that this is an illegal aircraft as it was converted from fs9 to x-plane. I had this plane and deleted it as soon as i found out.

I think you may have misunderstood my question; My question is not related to the aircraft, but instead towards the scenery, and whether if it's the State of Florida Realscenery from X-Aviation and if there is the night time lighting "wow"

Lol... There's nothing illegal about it. I converted it myself and have never distributed it. It's perfectly legal if I'm the one playing with the files on my own computer. Stop making assumptions.  :rolleyes:

Is this the (State of Florida, Real Scenery) from X-Aviation? If so; How is the night lighting, do you still get that night time WOW factor?  

Nope, I have the Florida scenery from Real Scenery but I did the Sarasota area myself using G2XPL (If that's what it's still called). It unfortunately does not have night lighting. 

Edited by Oliver
  • Upvote 1