What did you fly today?

Maxime

Went up north today, and did BGKK to BGSF in AeroPedro's recent update to his free Twin Otter. Nothing but featureless glacier for most of the flight, but both the climb and the descent were scenic.

sgx2cGM.png

k7hAA1g.png

dZcDh9B.png

SvB3e48.png

I do miss the HD mesh and photo scenery at these latitudes, though...

Edited by kaosfere
  • Upvote 6

Inspired by niebeiski's screenshot story, a short one of my own. 

Air France 8: Paris Charles De Gaulle (CDG) - New York (JFK)

For this flight, I connected to x-ivap and actually synchronized my flight with the real world Air France Flight 8,  so X-Plane and real life AFR 8 were flying simultaneously in the same aircraft and on the same route. I might have been one or two minutes off but it felt pretty cool. 

No screenshots of departure or takeoff sorry, time goes by and concentration. However, this is shortly over 2,500 feet, 1 minute after takeoff. 

Dfk1acA.png

Breaking through cumulous clouds from 5,000 to 8,000 feet. One of the best things in X-Plane is how beautiful simulated everything is, to the point where you (almost) get the same feeling as if you were flying in real life. 

sXoXEby.png

JzuG9kl.png

Making a turn over our first leg of the journey VOR PG26, and climbing over 10,000 Feet. At this point VNAV has been turned on and its all smooth sailing from here.

eTdWsic.png

Passenger view and some beautiful scenery as the aircraft climbs out of France.

VFr8pnB.png

q8QLjfi.png

Cruising at FL360 and Mach .86

mMGrsuL.pngFpSfr1h.png

After 5 and a half hours of flight, we make landfall over Nova Scotia, the time now is past 8 PM EST and the sun has set. 

BNvlEV4.png

Xyrac1n.png

Very dark but partly visible descent. New York is just under those clouds. 

5g2rztQ.png

Instruments showing Final Approach path toward runway 04R

6faB6pG.png

Time moves so fast during landing that I had to stay inside the cockpit and focus. The landing was smooth, the back gears kissed the tarmac and the nose gear gently descended onto the runway following a trail of tire smoke. The reverse thrust engaged and the aircraft slowed down and then taxied of the tarmac.

Wbd7gKP.png

Lights up and welcome to New York! Time to disembark. 

QPaMPcT.png

The Real Life AFR8 Landed at 9:24 PM EST, I landed at 9:29 EST. I was just 5 minutes behind, probably because of a slower approach speed, but It felt like I was flying the real thing, and the Flight Factor 777-200 made it seem that way, along with Sky Maxx Pro and Flywithlua + Tweaks. The flight time was 7 Hours and 32 minutes. 

The End 

• Upvote 11