What did you fly today?

Maxime

Wow!  In the 4th shot you were a fair way out and pretty much at stall speed.  I think I land mine at 135kts (and that's desperately trying to keep it in the air all the way).

It's the hardest plane to land - I either arrive at the threshold just about stalling, or halfway down the runway and start praying for someone to lay some extra tarmac quick. :)

Edited by Nicola_M

Wow!  In the 4th shot you were a fair way out and pretty much at stall speed.  I think I land mine at 135kts (and that's desperately trying to keep it in the air all the way).

It's the hardest plane to land - I either arrive at the threshold just about stalling, or halfway down the runway and start praying for someone to lay some extra tarmac quick. :)

That was due to the wind. I was at about 145kts and the gusts were so strong that the speed jumped around really wildly. I don't find it that hard to land. What weight and how much flaps do you use? I have most of the time medium weight and flaps full for landing. And my landings are really smooth(Ok, maybe my real pilot experiences are part of that too… :D

Can't remember what weight (I just choose randomly). On approach at about your 4th shot distance I'm usually on about 145kts and about 30deg of flaps (3rd or 4th lever setting, not near xp at mo so can't check) and over the threshold I'm at 135kts full flaps.

Where it's difficult for me is trying not to flare like other acf - that's a tailbreaker - and hard to get into the habit of flying it nose-level all the way in.  My landings are rarely pretty in this thing.....

I purchased the Q400 myself today. Not the easiest to land but not the hardest, from what I've seen so far :)

ODHr7Fr.jpg

MyMHqND.png

sEfZWtq.jpg

fGDpmu8.jpg

• Upvote 5

Can't remember what weight (I just choose randomly). On approach at about your 4th shot distance I'm usually on about 145kts and about 30deg of flaps (3rd or 4th lever setting, not near xp at mo so can't check) and over the threshold I'm at 135kts full flaps.

Where it's difficult for me is trying not to flare like other acf - that's a tailbreaker - and hard to get into the habit of flying it nose-level all the way in.  My landings are rarely pretty in this thing.....

Ok so you have the same flap settings and the same speed as i have. That landing technique is a little weird in the beginning, but with practise you get used to it. Just fly the final like your wanting to hit the runway with the nose first :D