Is it possible to disable FMS?

arb65912

Gentlemen,

I know my question will sound retarded but ....is it possible to somehow disable FMS still having PFD operative?

Here is the explanation why.

I admire the art of programming that went into FMS and it is one of very few systems actually working in X-Plane aircraft.

On the other hand I am quite proficient in using Reality XP GNS530 which is a great tool as well.

When I program my route in GNS530 ( of course after POS INIT in FMS) and activate RNAV on autopilot , something weird happens.

Autopilot  keeps flying the plane on planned route BUT, the plane is making constant banking to the left and to the right like it was trying to compensate for deviations in the track.

Of course when I use native FMS, all is fine as well as when I use just HD or VOR NAV mode.

The described behavior happens ONLY when I use RNAV  for the route planned with GNs530.

Any ideas?

Cheers, AJ 

I guess what happens is that RXP GNS530 probably uses the same API (XPLMNavigation) that I use to make X-Plane fly the flightplan.

Thus, X-Plane gets competing requests every other frame, because the CRJ FMS want to go one way and the 530 the other.

As the FMS is an integral part of the CRJ-200 simulation, it is not possible to de-activate it.

Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for explanation.

After reading your replies and rethinking the subject ..... I decided to go with CRJ2 FMS.

THIS IS the way to really get as close to real life as you can.  :D

Thank you for putting me back on a right track.

Cheers, AJ  ;)