blurry out in the distance

AtomicFrawg

Just wondering what is happening here? I have never flown at 35 thousand before so this was the first time seeing this. I have world draw distance set on max and my other settings are one higher than mid range. Would there happen to be a fix for this?

BTW I am loving that MU-2. (the 40% off made it even better) :D

xsMU2B60_15_5_zps14f76956.png

• Upvote 1

It's the "Blurr".... The Blurr and the roll due to torque are probably some of the most discussed "features" in X-Plane...

You will find the most interesting discussions on both themes, sometimes even defending that either is perfectly realistic in the way it is modelled... Both are realistic in RL of course, specially in days with limited visibility and in helicopters with their tail rotor failled, but the truth is that in other simulators, a better blend with reality was certainly found, IMHO....

Regarding the blurr, I believe it was mentioned somewhere at the Dev's Blog that they're considering some sort of fix...  For me, flying at those FLs the blurr is really distracting I must confess....

BTW, the MU2 should cruise lower  :-/.... :-)

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

BTW, the MU2 should cruise lower  :-/.... :-)

Hehe, Yeah I just tossed her up there to see this issue for myself. I normally fly under 15 thousand and have never seen this. This was mainly just to test something that was was told to me by a person that flys only heavies.

Calling this realistic is a stretch by any means. I am just glad it's not my computer or graphics card doing this. Oh well back to my Low lvl flying. And thanks for the reply. :D  

BTW I placed the MU-2 up there using the map features.

So, I was checking out real life photos from 35 thousand feet and it does look like the haze layer blurs out in the distance. They should blend this effect better (if they are going to use the ground textures to simulate this) or allow the weather engine to generate the haze layer. It is also noted that not all the photos had that effect and the biggest factor was the weather conditions at the time.

Edited by AtomicFrawg