[ANSWERED] Updated to 1.5.3 - why was my JS32 uninstalled in the process?

mraviator

Are you 100% sure of this? If you go into your Aircraft/X-Aviation folder you do not see your 'BAe Jetstream 32' folder? This seems odd, and I have no answers for that. This has been tested extensively, and thus far no one else has reported any strange behavior like this.

Yup, 100% sure. It's gone. And the install dialog asked me if I wanted to uninstall JS32. I thought it was a case of "forgot to update the installer" text and went along with it. no biggie since I can re-install it, just odd.

more importantly,. I cannot operate most of the CRJ-220 switches now. To be clear, is this install 64-bit ONLY? If so, is there a 32-bit version as well? 

Anyway, I loaded it under 32-bit and cannot operate the battery switch to get power and many push buttons. I tried to load 64-bit first, but X-Plane crashed on me. Will try again...10.22 final, by the way...

Yup, 100% sure. It's gone. And the install dialog asked me if I wanted to uninstall JS32. I thought it was a case of "forgot to update the installer" text and went along with it. no biggie since I can re-install it, just odd.

Ya, no idea. To be 100% sure for the future, I would advise you download the latest version from our server rather than what you have on hand.

more importantly,. I cannot operate most of the CRJ-220 switches now. To be clear, is this install 64-bit ONLY? If so, is there a 32-bit version as well?

The update e-mail you received as well as the topic here clearly states in multiple places this is 64-bit only. 32-bit will no longer be supported. 1.5.2 contains the same fixes as 1.5.3, but lacks 64-bit support, so use that if you must stick to 32-bit.

But I did use the official installer from your server. No where else.

I wasn't implying you got it elsewhere. I'm implying that over time we could have made changes or improvements to the actual compiled installer code, and as such you should be safe and download a fresh version.