Cessna Wide Panel for X-Plane

RojanTrojan

Hi all,

Alan Fletcher (developer) gave me a preview of his soon to be released freeware, Cessna 2D wide panel project (should be released Saturday morning). It's a superb, high resolution 2D panel that is crystal clear with very smooth, easy to read gauges. It's been immense fun to fly. It features a slick tabbed interface on the left hand side for quick access to normal and emergency checklist and flight conditions. It also has some nice features like working fuses, flight planner, animated propeller, throttle and mixture, ice and rain effect on the windshield among others. Has some superb sounds too.Quite frankly it kind of knocked me for six when i started it up.

Cheers

Rhydian

post-7193-0-62930500-1362693436_thumb.jp

post-7193-0-71889100-1362693494_thumb.jp

post-7193-0-05249200-1362693517_thumb.jp

post-7193-0-55107000-1362693543_thumb.jp

post-7193-0-14758700-1362693643_thumb.jp

Edited by RojanTrojan
  • Upvote 1

Hi all,

As the developer of this project I’m the best to answer I guess.

It will be freeware because it’s essentially a modified version of the stock C172 from Dmax and despite the fact that I spent about two years to achieve it. I completely strip the cockpit and rebuilt it from scratch using PlaneMaker generic instruments and hundred of layered images I’ve created using a 3D software and Photoshop. Since I’m graphic designer and illustrator, I got a lot of experience in that field professionally.

For the first time here is a screenshot at full res (2048 wide) of my panel (don’t forget to zoom in the picture, it’s big!).

http://www.talisman-illustration-design.com/turbulence/files/C-GSEN_C172SP-WidePanel.jpg

This is a very HD panel requiring a lot of vram. For that reason, XP10-64 bit would be mandatory to run it smoothly. I don’t know if it will run in XP9 though.

I’ll post the link to download it saturday.

To follow the project timeline check here

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/360135-c172-panel-–-full-size-panel/

Cheer

Alan

Edited by alfletcher