787 now free

Jordan P.

0 out of 10 for doing it and hurting 3rd party x-plane developers in the process.

Just what this community needs - another reason for developers to flee. :(

Now here's a question... how did it get past moderators in the first place? I don't know how file uploads work over at the .org but I know over here it takes half a day for Cameron to heck uploads before they're even available :P

Now here's a question... how did it get past moderators in the first place? I don't know how file uploads work over at the .org but I know over here it takes half a day for Cameron to heck uploads before they're even available :P

There's no initial approval process for uploads over at the .org... Submit and it's live.

-Greg

There's no initial approval process for uploads over at the .org... Submit and it's live.

-Greg

It goes live straight away, but not publicly viewable for a time. It is amazing that it got by the moderators. At least it was caught reasonably quickly and I'm sure there'll be a review over at the ORG.

Most likely disallowing new users to upload files...

Or, Like Cameron, have it under mod review.

Which begs the question...

HEY CAMERON, any way to have X-pilot.com not require Moderator Approval for certain groups of members? (i.e. I think you can trust guys like Colin S, GreggerM, Baron, the ISDG guys, etc) when they upload things like scenery files  - there's nothing nefarious in them.

Just looking to lessen your workload.

Or perhaps deputizing some members here to be able to approve file uploads - you gotta sleep at some point, eh? ;)

- CK.

Edited by chris k

It goes live straight away, but not publicly viewable for a time.

I did not know that! Not that I mind, but at least here at X-Pilot there's some visibility so you know when your items have gone hot.  I don't mind my items getting a once-over (if only superficial) before being opened up for d/l. I'm still quite new to it.

-Greg

Most likely disallowing new users to upload files...

Or, Like Cameron, have it under mod review.

Which begs the question...

HEY CAMERON, any way to have X-pilot.com not require Moderator Approval for certain groups of members? (i.e. I think you can trust guys like Colin S, GreggerM, Baron, the ISDG guys, etc) when they upload things like scenery files  - there's nothing nefarious in them.

Just looking to lessen your workload.

Or perhaps deputizing some members here to be able to approve file uploads - you gotta sleep at some point, eh? ;)

- CK.

Chris, actually I used this to my advantage - earlier in January I realized the only way to delete a file off of here was to update it to have the title "Hey Cameron please delete this file it actually kind of sucks..."

Deputizing = moderators. I don't think we want that fiasco :(

Edited by Colin S

Just a curiosity, but please, about this moderator approval, how does it works regarding updates?

I haven't made anything for X-Plane yet, neither did for MSFS, but i made some mods for racing games last couple years, i remember that i made updates for some of my files on the same day i uploaded them. Mainly was because i forgot something, but anyway i had to upload it again. 

That means i would need to wait my file being approved before updating it?

Actually i don't see any problem with the "waiting", but well, i hate to remember that i had to upload it all again just because i forgot to add the readme file inside the .zip file! :lol: 

Never really got much interest on developing anything to MSFS, but looking at X-Plane's wiki and seeing softwares like WED, thats something very interesting  :D