NorCal screenshot of the day

RealScenery

Flying north over the small town of Gasquet, in far northern California, just south of the Oregon border. Ward Field, 0O9, a small public airport, is visible next to the town and adjacent to the north fork of the Smith River. The valley is surrounded by the Siskiyou Mountains and the Six Rivers National Forest. Gasquet is located about 20 miles (32 kilometers) northeast of the coastal community of Crescent City. Preston Peak is the largest peak on the horizon, looking east.

norcal_m25.jpg

Edited by RealScenery

I've been working with Laminar to get some fixes to some scenery creation tools. Laminar was very responsive and helpful in getting me what I needed in order to have the scenery render correctly in version 10. The problem was the edge matching along the seams where the scenery areas come together. These seems were very visible in version 10 - so much so that we couldn't have released the way it was...

I've been working in upgrading all the scripts to output the final scenery and bring them up to the standards of our Oahu and Reno scenery. This is now complete and I'm just running the scripts on all of the NorCal scenery areas. As soon as this is done, they will be uploaded to X-Aviation for sale and distribution.

It's my intention to keep posting a screenshot every day until release. Hope you area enjoying the images while we wait for all the work to be completed!

Eric

• Upvote 2

Just approaching the beach north of the city of Arcata. Little Bulwinkle Creek can be seen flowing through the beach sand and into the Pacific Ocean. U.S. Highway 101 is the main roadway along the beach. Highway 101 a major north–south scenic route along the Pacific coast in the states of Washington, Oregon, and California.

norcal_m27.jpg

• Upvote 1

I've been working in upgrading all the scripts to output the final scenery and bring them up to the standards of our Oahu and Reno scenery. This is now complete and I'm just running the scripts on all of the NorCal scenery areas. As soon as this is done, they will be uploaded to X-Aviation for sale and distribution.

Woohoo! Guess I'll be 'migrating' to Californee-i-a in the not too distant future. I really hope that you guys do some of the Australian states one day soon.

Great scenery guys any plans to do the Northeast? Specifically the New England area Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine which don't require a lot of buildings but offier very good mountain and forest terrain. I have never seen anybody do these areas with any real quality.

Edited by JazAero

Great! :D

A mid-morning flight over the city of Shasta Lake, just north of the city of Redding. This flight is overhead of privately owned Tews Field, CA53. Tierra Oaks Golf Club is visible next to the airfield. The interchange below the Cessna is Interstate-5 and California Highway 151.

norcal_m28.jpg

Edited by RealScenery
  • Upvote 1

Eric,

What system do you have that produces the detail/quality level of the NorCal product on these screenshots? Would a 27" iMac be good enough to closely approximate what you show? Specs: 2.9GHz Intel quad-core i5, 8GB memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M with 512MB (would GeForce GTX 675MX 1GB be significantly better?). What upgrade will boost performance best?

Thanks for your feedback!

Manny

Edited by msawit