NorCal screenshot of the day

RealScenery

Thank you but it was not necessary to start a new topic with my post.

If I had gone off topic I apologize.

I also noticed that you misquoted me in the forum topic anyway. It was not my intention to start a whole plausibility debate as that has been done already. I was merely trying to elucidate why I would prefer your scenery over the plausible scenery. So please close out the other topic unless you wish to start one on your own.

Thank you

Jim

JazAero

Yes, I fixed the quote error, Jim... My apologies.

I'm happy to start the new topic, actually, and look forward to seeing what others think. Most of the plausibility discussions are built around X-Plane default scenery vs the real-world, not necessarily focusing on the plausibility of land-use vs. image-based ground scenery... You just gave me the excuse to start the topic. :) I also know that your comments, while only stating your opinion, will certainly spark additional comments and discussion. For that reason, I directed others to the new topic.

Thanks!

Edited by RealScenery

The only negative is that this process takes a lot of time to complete. I am really looking forward though to when it is available.

Thanks, John. The back-end server and installer code has been more than anyone anticipated. X-Aviation, no doubt, has as much time on this project as I do. When this is released, we will all have a fast, flexible, reliable download system. I'm most appreciative of X-Aviation for their hard work in supporting this mammoth project! I know all our customers will be, too. :)

May seem like a dumb question, but are these products just photo scenery or can they be combined with airport/ scenery objects?

Regards

Not a dumb question at all, and one we frequently are asked. Yes, this photo scenery may be combined with other airport objects. Many RealScenery customers do this to further enhance the photo textures for a specific airport.

Not a dumb question at all, and one we frequently are asked. Yes, this photo scenery may be combined with other airport objects. Many RealScenery customers do this to further enhance the photo textures for a specific airport.

Well, that just put your products on my buying list :)

Regards

Flying south over the city of Los Gatos, south of San Francisco Bay, looking northeast toward the cities of Campbell and San Jose. The dominant roadway running from lower-left to upper-right in the image is state highway 85, the West Valley Freeway. The main roadway on the left side of the image is state highway 17. A beautiful day for site-seeing in the South Bay!

norcal21.jpg

Edited by RealScenery
  • Upvote 2

One of the most beautiful airports along the California's Pacific coast is Crescent City, KCEC. The airport is located on Point St. George, the third most western point in the continental U.S. The large, light-colored areas on the left side of the image are sand dunes.

norcal23.jpg

Edited by RealScenery
  • Upvote 1

Screenshot of the day?

Wow - tough crowd... :)

Here are a couple of re-posts that were lost due to the X-Pilot hardware failure. I'll resume posting daily screenshots tomorrow.

The city of Fairfield, home to many of the Air Force personnel that work at neighboring Travis Air Force Base. The city of Vacaville is in the distance to the upper right.

norcal25.jpg

Flying over Lake Curry looking east toward the city of Vacaville and the agricultural areas of California's Central Valley.

norcal26.jpg

Edited by RealScenery
  • Upvote 2

The city of Santa Rosa, flying northwest through the Napa Valley. The Santa Rosa County Fairgrounds is the large oval in the lower right of the image. Highway 101 is the dominant roadway running through the city and continuing to the north on the left side of the image.

norcal28.jpg

Edited by RealScenery
  • Upvote 1

Approaching the small agricultural community of Maxwell, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) north of Sacramento. The agricultural lands of California's Central Valley offer some of the most spectacular flying in the state, with the constant variation of colors and patterns of the fields. Looking to the west, in the distance, are the mountains of the Mendocino National Forest. Interstate 5, the main roadway from Canada to Mexico, can be seen, along with the interchange, to the east of Maxwell, just above the nose of the Cessna.

norcal_m1.jpg

Edited by RealScenery
  • Upvote 2

Flying over the East Bay, headed northwest, above the Oakland Coliseum and Oracle Arena. This area is just north of the Oakland International Airport, KOAK. Interstate 880, better known as the the Nimitz freeway, is the major roadway between the stadiums and the waterfront. The mid-afternoon sun is shining on San Leandro Bay, with the city of Alameda in the distance.

norcal_m2.jpg

Edited by RealScenery
  • Upvote 1

Flying north over Castle Crags, part of the Trinity Mountains. Mt. Shasta, at over 14,000 feet (4,300 meters) dominates the landscape in the distance. The small hill to the left of Mt. Shasta is Black Butte. The small city of Mt. Shasta is just above the Cessna's right wing.

norcal_m4.jpg

Edited by RealScenery
  • Upvote 1