Saitek, the beginning of something great.......

Gjalp

Hey everyone, just got my Saitek Multi Panel.....man this thing is large!!!!

Tried it with the latest xsaitekpanel plugin under 64 bit and its working a real treat. Does anyone else have this wionderful device? If so what other items of Saiteks do you have in your virtual cockpit? Next purchase is either the radio panel or the Cessna yoke and throttle quad :)

Slaitne,

Andy

NZCH

Soon Chris......soon, just bought the Alabeo Waco and having waaaay to much fun with it!!!!! :)

Bought thier Su 26 as well......just need a reason to buy the Pitts and my Alabeo hangar is complete.

Do you have any sim gear Chris??? I guess yoke and throttles but anything else??

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

• 4 weeks later...

Im starting to get more and more of these things!!!! Next up is the radio panel, course that has to wait as I have just purchased a 3d printer (for work useage of course!!!!!), and a new Acer laptop to run the printer software, the old one being to old to run anything anymore!

SLainte,

Andy

I have two radio panels, the multi panel, the switch panel, yoke and 2 throttle quadrants, rudder pedals and the TPM module. Love them all! Wouldn't want to fly without them.

just was wondering why not use the 12 switches on youre to throttle quadrants instead of the switch panel? i happen to have 4 and have no need for the switch panel also gjalp well youre saving up money if you have an ipad i would highly recommend getting the efis app (it has a built in radio panel and a roll of duct tape makes a great mount for the ipad)Which will probably be the best 20$ you ever spend for a piece of flight sim equipment Edited by mj12345

just was wondering why not use the 12 switches on youre to throttle quadrants instead of the switch panel?

For one, there are only 9 switches on the TPM module. Secondly, I'm flying on a MacBook Pro and there isn't a plugin for the switches on the TPM for Mac. I know there are ways to program the switches, but I am not a programmer. I'm an end user. I can't even figure out how to use Button2DataRef plugin, even with the manual, to make my own switch assignments. One of these days I'll get it figured out or have someone build a plugin for me.

Also, the Switch Panel has the landing gear lever and ignition switch.

Edited by steven winslow

Sorry about getting the number of sitches wrong for some reason i thought there were six per quadrant and multiplied that number by 2 (since you said you ahd 2) also i didn't even know there was a plugin for the tpm i just plugged mine and started up x-plane and they just worked and you can configure the switches in the joystick & equipment menu

The switches on the throttle quadrants are easily assigned in the Joystick and Equipment menu, but the switches on the TPM don't function the same....at least not on a Mac.  Not sure how they work on a PC.  The TPM Module does work right out of the box.  Plug and play.  The throttle, prop and mixture controls work perfectly and they really enhance the single engine GA sim experience.  But the switches are basically useless to me until I either figure out how to assign them or get someone else to do it for me......

Edited by steven winslow

• 1 month later...

The switches on the TPM are a little, umm, different, than you might expect.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Saitek equipment. Mainly because it works and it's so much cheaper than the competition. My real problem isn't in the design, but in the software/drivers that they put out.

The toggles on the TPM are Single-Pole, Single-Throw. Just like a regular light switch. You flip it down, and it makes contact. Flip it up, and it breaks contact.

To program it you need to program an action for when it makes contact. AND an action to take place when the contact is broken. Otherwise it isn’t going to act as you’d expect it to.

Sorry, I can do that in FSX, but I don't know X-Plane enough to tell you how to do that yet.

Edited by OldAirmail