How can I see more of the panel?

Mgavin

I have just updated from 9.2 to 9.7. Now, when I use Jason Chandler's Bonanza A36 (highly recommended, by the way), I can only see the top row of the insttrument panel in the default view (ie, looking out the windscreen). It is as if i were in the Irplane with my face too close to the panel. This makes it pretty much useless for practicing instrument procedures, my main use ago x-plane. I can't figure out a way to fix this, does anybody have a suggestion?

Thnx....

I have just updated from 9.2 to 9.7. Now, when I use Jason Chandler's Bonanza A36 (highly recommended, by the way), I can only see the top row of the insttrument panel in the default view (ie, looking out the windscreen). It is as if i were in the Irplane with my face too close to the panel. This makes it pretty much useless for practicing instrument procedures, my main use ago x-plane. I can't figure out a way to fix this, does anybody have a suggestion?

There are two adjustments you can make.  FOV as described above is basically "camera zoom"....and the other is akin to "head tilt up or down".   The "head tilt option" is found in Planemaker under the "Standard > Viewpoint" menu item.  This will bring up a dialog screen with four tabs.  Go to the "View" tab and look for the horizontal box undneath the 3 boxes on top.  Its called, "SCREEN-CENTERS"   and it's the values in the middle called, "View center".   I'm sorry I can't remember if you change the values to be higher or lower, but do know it's the equivalent of "tilting your head up or down" to see more or less of the panel.  The official description of the value is "where the horizon is on your screen".  Thus a horizon very high on the screen means you're looking down more into the cockpit.  Play with these values along with the FOV values and you should be able to adjust the default view to fit your screen how you like.

Tom K

Edited by tkyler

• 1 month later...

Position "yourself" around the 3d cockpit by using arrow keys (left, right, up or down) and , or . (move away from or closer to instr. panel).

When satisfied, store the view with <ctrl> + 1 to 9 on the numeric keypad, and simply press the number on numeric keypad for the view you want.

I have stored forward view on <8>, left on <4>, com/nav/gps on <5>, right view on <6>, overhead on <9> and so on.

Think this also works in 9.7

Erlend