Boeing b-29 superfortress

Flying_pig

Actually as far as the nose gear is concerned that could be next to the rudder and still be in the right place since i will export it as a different object to take advantage of x-plane 10 features and i have fixed the elevator (i decided not to post a screenshot for such a small change this time)

Hi mj12345, awesome, was wondering what was happening with the tail group. Ryan M's photo is what I was on about....the from wheel is crazy forward, although if you are going to alter the final position later then please ignore my request :)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

• Upvote 1

I'm happy to hear that i think almost an entire page of this thread was devoted to the correction of the tail and rudder also it might have helped that the first image got 5,000 render passes the bottom one only got a more standard amount of 900 though

Edited by mj12345

Nice work on the rudder position, it looks good.  Although it does look like the rudder extends to far down now, and looks like it might be cutting into the top of the tail gunners position.

Can you by chance post a top view of the aircraft, just to check the wing, and horizontal stabilizer/elevator shape?

Looks great.

The rudder and vertical stabilizer look pretty much right on to me.  The horizontal stabilizer is at the same level, the elevator just needs to taper back more from the outer edges to the fuselage, just a bit more.

As for the cockpit, looks great, although I can't say I've ever really seen the interior of a B-29...

hey, i have recently started making a b-29 super fortress for x-plane 10 i am currently work on the exterior 3-d model and am planning to make a fully functional 3-d cockpit however, the model for the plane is currently stuck in blender 2.56 which has a broken export script for x-plane and i was wondering if anybody knew a good way to convert it back to blender 2.49. anyways here are some screenshots inside of blender

Hey there, this is looking great so far!

What is your problem with the export script for Blender 2.56 and later. I use 2.65 and the sript works fine for me. Maybe I can help you figuring out what is going wrong on your side.

Why do you think it is broken?

Actually the issue i found may have self fixed itself but what happened was on a plane a made just to familiarize my self with the export script you could not delete keyframes for dataref values and you also could not add more then one value making it unusable however i got a little annoyed with 2.49 and decided to try 2.65 again and now it works fine though any tips would be much appreciated

Glad that it is working for you now. 2.65 and the new export script work great together! I haven't had any issues with the script so far and it is very easy and convenient to work with.

So, you still have problems deleting keyframes?

If you need help with respect to the script, let me know and I try to help.

Looking forward to your finished B-29 project.  :)

no thankfully not anymore i spent two weeks trying to fix the problem before i gave up however when is was trying to animate the gear for some reason the dataref would not be detected by x-plane well the animation of the gear going up in plane maker would appear however in the sim it would not i eventually realized that in x-plane 10 you can just set the gear object to the gear on the aircraft and x-plane will animate for you but i don't know what was causing the problem i even checked another other .obj from some another aircraft (micheal_chang's awesome 767) to see what datarefs were used and found that i was using the correct one however there was one difference in the .obj that i saw working and the one that was not which was that the working ones were arranged so that they flowed across the screen with only the space key separating stuff well the one that didn't work started a new line after every command

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some much improved pictures of the cockpit (today i learned about 2 little things called cubic interpolation and tangent shading) also i am aware of there being to much rayleigh scattering at this point

820881_201591289986181_2047421764_o.jpg

and here's a picture showing why you don't import from sketchup (look in the background) and it also shows why bump mapping is awesome also the noise on the panel in the backround is fixed by doing an approximate render instead of a raytrace it's something weird that happened during conversion that's actually causing it

792319_201591293319514_1968125966_o.jpg

Edited by mj12345
  • Upvote 1