X-Plane 10 New Zealand Pro Released!

alpilotx

The wait is over, and after 3 months of work, the X-Plane 10 New Zealand Pro scenery is released!

X-Plane 10 New Zealand Pro is a complete replacement scenery package for New Zealand (North and South island). It is a combination of two parts.

• An extremely high resolution base mesh (even a bit higher than the other HD Scenery Mesh regions) with updated (and more detailed) landclass data (riverbeds, mines and morains are entirely new - compared to default Global Scenery), very detailed road / railroad/ powerline vector, and highly accurate water data (you should find most of the relevant rivers / streams, tiny lakes, and more detailed coastlines).
  • An additional overlay scenery, which adds treelines (this time they are "real", derived from GIS data) and tons of objects (mostly houses, but there are also barns, churches, substations, schools, hospitals, shelters - outside the area, which are filled in by XP10 autogen).

This scenery is for X-Plane 10 only, and ideally, you should have X-Plane 10.20 Beta 5 or above (as it brings some art assets - textures - in its default set, which NZ Pro uses). But don't worry, if you have an earlier version of XP10, there is a "workaround" for you on the download page.

Best of all - as always - this scenery is donationware! Which means, you can freely download and use it, and if you like, you might donate for it (and even then, you decide what its worth for you).

The link below will bring you to the - obligatory - screenshots (lots of before-after shots included):

https://picasaweb.go...alandProRELEASE

And here you go to my website, where the download links and detailed instructions can be found:

http://www.alpilotx....ew-zealand-pro/

normal_dhc3t_131.jpg

• Upvote 5

Ah, yes, I forgot to put in the "Requirements" section on my site (now its there) ... indeed you should be careful with this one. If you already have problems with default Global Scenery, then this one will definitely NOT improve your situation :D ... Also, I highly recommend to use it with 64bit X-Plane (though, it works on 32bit too) and lots of RAM!

• Upvote 2

Great work, Andras, very much appreciated! 

You should start a company together with Albert and sell high quality regional scenery packages for XP10.

I'm serious.

Are there any good new zealand freeware airports?

Of course I have the Christchurch scenery but is there anything else yet?

Thanks

Flo

Edited by FloB

Charlie did a reasonably good Wellington - and Janwender did a back-port of Robin H's Auckland from the XPJets-team, much to the chagrin of Dhruv =)

There's some older small-GA-field stuff done by RoyalOak as well (NZFF, Milford Sound, etc) kicking around.

The majors are done though pretty nicely (NZAA, NZWN, NZCH, NZQN).

- CK.

Edited by chris k

Hi Flo,

Great work, Andras, very much appreciated! 

You should start a company together with Albert and sell high quality regional scenery packages for XP10.

I'm serious.

There are many good reasons why I would not do that (academic, financial, social and hard facts of what can be done and what not) ...

Nevertheless, thanks for you positive response B)

(and Chris has already answered your question about free airports).