CRJ-200's FMS and 124thATCPlugin

crs

Hi there.

I have found that brilliant plugin few days ago. It brings new level of flying experience to X-Plane (for me). It is great fun to use it.

It simulates ATC dialogues. Really nice feature is that it, while approaching an airport, gives you an option to choose runway you want to land on. If you are not lined up good enough with chosen runway it gives you STAR coordinates to follow. It also feeds your FMS with those informations so it is possible to use autopilot to take you there. Really nice.

I just keep on wondering (as CRJ will have its own FMS implementation) if it's going to work with your plane Javier.

That would be really nice for someone who does not fly good enough to join vatsim.

Sorry, tried to stop myself from asking that question, simply couldn't resist. Any update on CRJ? Release date? New video? :)

Just want to add: I will buy it for sure!

Great job people.

Kind regards,

Kamil.

Kamil,

It is highly likely that the plug-in you speak of will not work perfectly with our CRJ. Once the CRJ is released you may want to contact the author of the plug-in you speak of for CRJ compatibility.

As for updates:

When we have something to share, this will be the place to see it. No one will be left in the dark, and no one will be told more info than the next. As long as you follow these forums you'll know the latest updates and release info should we have something to announce.

• 2 weeks later...

Kamil,

It is highly likely that the plug-in you speak of will not work perfectly with our CRJ. Once the CRJ is released you may want to contact the author of the plug-in you speak of for CRJ compatibility.

I did, no response so far. We will see.

While I am here there is another question. Will it be possible to import flight plans from Goodway's flight planner into CRJ2? Considering purchase of that software now to fly some routes I cant find anywhere on-line. But do not really want to do it if there will be no way to use it together with CRJ of yours.

Also, what plug-in's is CRJ known to work with so far? XPushBack?

As for updates:

When we have something to share, this will be the place to see it. No one will be left in the dark, and no one will be told more info than the next. As long as you follow these forums you'll know the latest updates and release info should we have something to announce.

Sorry, didn't want to offence or push to get any informations you didn't want to share with. No problem. Fingers crossed and waiting for a final release.  :P

Watching both videos from time to time, reading some documents on-line. Just want to her for a ride. ;)

All the best guys!

Kind regards,

Kamil.

I did, no response so far. We will see.

While I am here there is another question. Will it be possible to import flight plans from Goodway's flight planner into CRJ2? Considering purchase of that software now to fly some routes I cant find anywhere on-line. But do not really want to do it if there will be no way to use it together with CRJ of yours.

Also, what plug-in's is CRJ known to work with so far? XPushBack?

Kamil,

Goodway should work just fine. However, I have heard some people being disappointed in response times as of late for their serial key with Goodway, so you may want to try another program. If you're on Windows I highly suggest FSBuild. It exports X-Plane flight plans, and is available here: http://secure.simmarket.com/ernie-alston-fsbuild-2.phtml

As for plug-in compatibility: There are simply too many of them out there to test and they are not prioritized on our list. However, I would assume MOST plug-ins will work just fine with the CRJ.

Nope, I am on Linux. Have few plugins not working at all here.

Do you know any other alternatives by any chances?

According to plugins - asked because wanted to know if autogate will work and then realized that crj has its own steps. :-)

Thanks,

Kamil.

Goodway will work just fine, but you may need to manually import your routes.

By that I mean, Goodway will generate an ICAO Plan for you which looks something like:

CYYZ LEST7 OO DCT MSS V310 FRANX FRANX2 CYUL

That plan Identifies the destination and arrival airports (CYYZ/CYUL), The SID (LEST7), The Route (OO DCT MSS V310 FRANX) and the STAR (FRANX2).

Speaking from using the UFMC/x737FMC, and assuming that the CRJ will be similar, all you would do is select the correct SID/STAR when identifying the Departure and Arrival Runways and then enter the fixes and Airways in the route page.

No need to type out all of the waypoints on the airways since the Navigraph data will have all of that information in it. All you should need is the ICAO flight plan.

HOWEVER,

There are plenty of excellent and Free ways to generate ICAO flight plans. One way is to use Flightaware.com's resources pages if you are in North America. There are also free online route finders such as http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ and http://flightaware.com/statistics/ifr-route/

Hope this helps!

Oh! Thank you kindly!

I was using some of those web based route generators some time ago and was very disappointed that it couldn't create routes between airports unless there is a route existing in theirs database.

Now I have checked your links (was using them before) and... it generates routes. Great! ;-)

Thanks for that. As I already said I am very new within aviation world and do not know too much yet. So thank you for all extra informations. Very helpful.

Have a lovely day,

Kamil.

Well.. about plugins that will work.. for sure I can talk about the ones I use....

PilotView, X-Ivap, Clean Skies, Dataref Edito (this I use it sooooo many times  ;D ) and GPS by Reality XP (but not need of it.. because we will have FMS).

About goodway plugin, when we finish it, I will try to make it work with CRJ-200 (if they tell me how. Now is not needed that information).

But.. Anton, will release after the release of the plane, the SDK of the plane, so anyone can make it's own plugin with it working with it.

• 2 weeks later...

No need to type out all of the waypoints on the airways since the Navigraph data will have all of that information in it. All you should need is the ICAO flight plan.

Hi there once again.

Quick question. Where from can I get SID and STAR for airports?

Oh, other thing just pop in my head. How about flight levels? Is there an easy way to create a flight plan with flight levels?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Kamil

yes.. You can find and make routes here:

http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/

but to make a flight plan you need data sheets of the airports and airways where you are flying.. so for example here on Spain you can find all info of the Spanish airspace here:

http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?MO=2&SMO=1&Section=7&SiteName=NavegacionAerea&c=Page&cid=1078418725020&pagename=subHome

you can put it on english and you have to register to have access.

But for sure your country won't be Spain. Each country has a page like the one it was shown above. All for free. But if you don't want to look for information, you can try the Jeppview program.. that have all info you need to make routes.

About which altitude choose.. well it depends on weather (winds) heigh of the plane and fuel consumption. Here, you can see the weather maps around the world for free:

http://www.jeppesen.com/aviation/personal/aviation-weather.jsp

It is not easy to tell how to teach in this lines how to do it.. but you can ask here or on any of the hundreds of forums of aviation exists on internet.

I hope I understood your question well to reply it.

Quick question. Where from can I get SID and STAR for airports?

I very much recommend skyvector.com. That is the only site I use. I build my flight plans with it, and I can click on any of the airports and have all the official documents including SIDs and STARs. Those of you who have looked at skyvector.com in the past but not recently, I recommend looking again, as they have greatly improved it in the last couple months. I used to use airnav.com in conjunction with skyvector.com, but now I use just the one site.