It's Time to Build!

PWJT8D

So I've decided it is time... Why not build my own computer? I knew nothing about it one week ago, I dove right in head first. I have crammed my brain with information over the past few days on what I want, what I should get, what works with what. I think I have finally designed my dream machine and I am itching to start buying the pieces and putting it together. But before I do that, I would like to hear your two cents.

Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower with USB 3.0

Corsair HX Series HX750 750W Modular Power Supply

ASUS Maximus V Extreme LGA 1155 Intel Z77 motherboard

Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9Ghz Turbo) Quad-Core

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 Superclocked+ 4GB GPU

Ripjaws X Series 16GB RAM

Crucial M4 128GB SSD

Western Digital 1TB HD

ASUS DVD Burner

Total cost comes in at $1,678. However it won't be terrible as I will be purchasing parts over the course of the next few months.

Regarding XP10 performance I read something like the more cores, the better - and 2GBs are plenty for the moment being. I guess that RAM would not hurt when XP10 gets to be a 64bit app.

I've read the complete opposite about how X-Plane uses multiple cores. Correct that 2GB is plenty for right now however I won't have this computer right now. With 10.20 beta right around the corner, it will beat out the completion of this computer. I don't see this computer being up and running for at least three months.

Here is the thread about X-Plane not utilizing all your cores. http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=55346