[SOLVED] Linux trouble? Try this plugin!

philipp

EDIT: With CRJ 1.5.2, the new Linux plugin is included with the main download.

Some people reported trouble getting the 1.5 version to work on Linux.

I did a bit of research on this, and might have found what is giving you a hard time.

The problem is the libfontconfig library that has a bug since 2010 and was not updated in the Ubuntu 32bit compatibility libraries, only the 64bit branch contains the bugfix.

So if you are having trouble with the CRJ 1.5 either not loading up at all or crashing on Linux, download the attached zip file.

EDIT: File removed, as it is now part of the main download.

Go to X-Plane/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/ and move both the lin.xpl and the liblinux folder somewhere else, to a backup location, so you can revert in case it doesn't work.

Now put the lin.xpl and the liblinux, liblinux_ubuntu1004 folders from the attached zip in.

If you are using a recent version of Linux (Ubuntu Oneiric or newer) it should work.

If the CRJ now crashes on load because the fontcache is broken, delete the contents of both ~/.fontconfig and /var/caches/fontconfig

if it still doesn't work, you are using a very old Linux (Ubuntu Lucid Lynx), copy the contents of liblinux_ubuntu1004 over into liblinux folder.

Sorry that I had to put tar.bz2 into a zip, but the forum won't allow me to upload files with bz2 extension. So you have to uncompress before you uncompress, yo dawg! The password for the zip is the first item of the first checklist in the Pilot Handbook pdf (it's two words, and capitals matter).

Philipp

Edited by philipp

Hi, I used a name of the first item in the Safety Checklist, but no luck to decompress with unzip or 7z - still bad password.

As Philipp has stated, the item is two words, and is case sensitive just as you see it in the checklist. I have personally downloaded and tried this. It works like a charm (the password unarchiving, that is) Aside from the case sensitivity, be sure to double check your spelling as per the checklist for these two words!

As Philipp has stated, the item is two words, and is case sensitive just as you see it in the checklist. I have personally downloaded and tried this. It works like a charm (the password unarchiving, that is) Aside from the case sensitivity, be sure to double check your spelling as per the checklist for these two words!

For a sake... I checked spelling and case of those two words from the first line of the Safety Checklist and spent lot of time with that. Could You confirm me, that: C***** B****** is correct password?

Thanks

That's correct! I just tried it a second time...works like a charm!

Tried many times. On different PCs with different unzip, 7zip, WinZip --- simply no luck.

This is my md5sum

70f5cc74df6fd5ce0eba01880f888753 CRJAvionics-Linux-XAviation.tar.bz2.zip

File got broken during download. Downloaded again with

64e4fbb5e18aa48c38a6346b8acab5ed CRJAvionics-Linux-XAviation.tar.bz2.zip

This file decryption succeeded.

Edited by marsark

Hi!

Just purchased CRJ (1.5.1) and this patch did not solved plugin loading problem.

My system:

uname -a
Linux szamoca 3.3.8-gentoo #2 SMP Thu Jul 5 16:17:07 CEST 2012 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Error when trying to start with the shipped xpl:

dlerror:/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.4/32/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /mnt/win/h/XPlane10/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/lin.xpl)

Deleted fontconfig folder contents, then took a second try with attached zip's liblinux folder+lin.xpl. Xplane crashed:

0:00:25.551 I/ACF: Loading airplane number 0 with Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/CRJ200.acf
Fetching plugins for /mnt/win/h/XPlane10/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/plugins
--=={This application has crashed because of a PLUGIN!}==--

(no crash_log.txt was created, Data.txt and Cycle Dump.txt's are both empty)

Copied over liblinux-Ubuntu folder and tried again, then same error as above.

emul-linux-x86-sdl and openal packages are installed

[I] app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-sdl
Installed versions: 20120520-r1

[I] media-libs/openal
Installed versions: 1.13

Any ideas? :)

Thanks in advance.

Any ideas? :)

The problem with Linux is that there are too many flavors of it. I test the CRJ on the two last Ubuntu LTS versions, latest Mint and openSUSE. By that I get by far the largest coverage of Linux installed base. Unfortunately I don't have time and resources to install even more distros on my PCs to cover the >0.3% of the total CRJ customer base who use more exotic operating systems.

As I can see on your Log, you are using X-Plane you installed on Windows. Which means you are probably a happy CRJ user on Windows. If you want to use X-Plane on Linux, stick with a more mainstream distribution like Ubuntu. You will have a better experience with that in the long run.

Philipp

Edited by philipp

Totally understand.

Will try to find out what causes the problem on gentoo, what are the differences between the two systems.

I have an idea that ubuntu uses GCC >=4.6, but on gentoo stable, the latest version is 4.5.4. I'll upgrade my system to 4.6 and let you know if that solved it.

(On Windows: It was a windows partititon before, that's why the mount name suggest it's a windows, but nowadays I'm using win only in virtualbox :))

Thanks,

Mihaly

Hm, version 1.5.2 is broken for me again.

dlerror:libGLEW.so.1.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

$ ldd

libGLEW.so.1.5 => not found

so, need to make a symlink:

ln -s libGLEW.so.1.6.0 libGLEW.so.1.5

32bit libGLEW is a part of

app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-opengl

Hm, version 1.5.2 is broken for me again.

dlerror:libGLEW.so.1.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

$ ldd

libGLEW.so.1.5 => not found

so, need to make a symlink:

ln -s libGLEW.so.1.6.0 libGLEW.so.1.5

32bit libGLEW is a part of

app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-opengl

That's because you downloaded 1.5.1. We have not yet released 1.5.2 here.