KLEB Lebanon Municipal Airport

skiflyzander

So I've been hacking away here. I fixed some texture issues on the signal hangar, added some missing roads in the airport boundaries, added a few x-plane library objects and most noticeably added the correct tree lines for the north, east and south of the airport, that made it look much more realistic and blend in with the rest of the scenery very well. Still lots to do. Here' a screenshot for now: 

this view is approaching runway 36

post-8098-0-47648900-1368317316_thumb.pn

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Hey folks. Long time, no update. I feel I really owe you an update about the situation. There are various reasons for no news. Loss of motivation, other commitments. Let me explain.

I moved to a totally new operating system and new computer. This delayed my modelling and texturing severely as I needed to get used to the new system and move everything over. I moved from Mac - Windows so that wasn't exactly easy but I'm glad I switched. After I moved, I started modeling again and that went pretty well. At the moment I think I have the most accurate 3d model of the terminal in Lebanon, NH ever created ^^ But the problem is I can't find any textures I want to use that are accurate. I'm hardly ever home to get photoreal textures and I can't paint these textures the way I want to. That got super frustrating and has stopped me from continuing. 

The other commitment that takes up my time is ski jumping. I compete internationally for the US in world cup competitions. I have spent the entire summer getting ready for the Olympics in Sochi and this has stopped me from completing this project. Good news is that I am in a relatively good position for qualifying for the games. I ranked 43rd in the world cup this summer so I hope that is enough to excuse me from the lack of progress updates on KLEB ^^ After this winter, I would love to get back to work on KLEB, because I think this project can really go places. 

So I apologize for the delay. It will only continue but I really would like to finish this up. I appreciate everyone's patience

• 1 month later...

Ok, Folks I've got some pretty bad news. My computer crashed about a month ago during the windows 8.1 update and I lost everything that wasn't on my external hard drive. Which turns out to be a lot as I am finding out everyday. Well... I thought I had a backup of KLEB. Turns out for some reason I didn't. The backup tool I used made the backup of my C partition larger than the C-partition I have now. So it was impossible to recover my system. I can't believe I didn't make a back up on my external hard drive and this is a huge loss for me. I spent countless hours of work on this project and I'm really quite disappointed that all the work is gone. I don't think I'll be able to muster up the motivation to start from scratch again. I was really enjoying how it was turning out, but it's gone now. I'm sorry that this won't be released.