JFK Scenery

jzeitlin

Hey Guys,

As many of you know I have been repainting a fair amount of aircraft. Im putting that on hold to do scenery conversions especially JFK by FSDreamTeam. I have literally been trying for months just to convert it with no success. I have bought many aerosoft and imaginesim sceneries and converted them with incredible success including EDDF. I purchased it thinking I could use wineskin to convert it but I can not even open the files. I am a die hard mac guy. Has anyone converted FSDreamTeam JFK and be willing to share some advice? Also I have tried it on my old PC and have had little to no luck just extracting the files and when i am able i get green ground textures. I have grown up around the corner from kennedy and always go plane spotting there. It is the only airport I really want.

Once again, thanks for the support with the repaints. I plan on doing more as soon as I get JFK. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

Thanks,

Jared Zeitlin

Also I do not own any version of MSFS. I only own X-Plane.

One more thing, if after another week or two I am unable to convert I will look to develop a highly detailed JFK Scenery for X Plane. I need some help though. I have no clue how to use blender but am rather skilled in photoshop. I need someone to help make the buildings and objects if I decide to take on this project. Any one willing to help?

The problem that I know of with FSDT sceneries is that you have to have them installed and working on a MSFS installation. As in, you have to run their installer, enter your serial code, and add them in the MSFS scenery manager. Only then you can start working with FS2XPLANE to convert it. Even then I cannot guarantee that it will work, but others have experienced it converting nicely this way.

I have it and you have to run and install in FS2004 on a windows machine and convert it using the windows platform. If I remember correctly the FSX version will not work. It has to be 2004. Maybe someone else can clarify that. The scenery comes out without hardly any problems. A little clean up of the airport using overlay editor to delete some airport ground vehicles depending on your system and deleting some missing textures but thats about it. It is a great scenery and probably one of the best converted. The night textures are amazing but do put a hamper on the sim in regards to framerate but other than that its absolutely great.

JB

• 2 weeks later...