Freeware 787-8 project

Michael_Chang

I have a Mac Pro 2009, 512mb video, guys did you see the new mac pro design on the apple website? Man that looks like it came out of star trek..

My local radio station put up a picture of the pro compared to a new york city trash can! ( Yes I STILL listen to radio. old fashioned. I know)

Here is the picture (though not from my radio station)

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/The-New-Mac-Pro-Looks-Like-A-NYC-Subway-Trash-Can-4598635.php

Edited by 79carboy

A talented friend of mine has just built new GEnX engines for the 787, it's a WIP right now, and will be done in a few days, the new engines are higher in polygon count and make it easier to add details that were previously impossible to achieve. RR engines and new landing gear will follow.

post-8539-0-76642900-1371324858_thumb.pn

post-8539-0-07143600-1371324952_thumb.pn

• Upvote 2

A talented friend of mine has just built new GEnX engines for the 787, it's a WIP right now, and will be done in a few days, the new engines are higher in polygon count and make it easier to add details that were previously impossible to achieve. RR engines and new landing gear will follow.

Yep, pretty talented friend

about my comment from before.. my computer is a really really old mac, and has a little bit of a hard time just running the jrollon crj... so i get a little bit of a low frame.... does anyone know how to get higher frames on x-plane 9? i wish to upgrade my graphics card.... but i have no idea how and what to do with all those kind of things.. but i mostly want to get my vram up....... anyone know how? i have a old/(i dont really know how old) graphics card, but its an ATI Radeon 9000 Pro... so if anyone can give me any information on graphics or anything.. or possibly a link to somewhere to learn how to optimize my settings.. please put it in a response.. THANKS!! Anyways, Michael, this is a great looking plane and i really wish to fly it.. ;)

about my comment from before.. my computer is a really really old mac, and has a little bit of a hard time just running the jrollon crj... so i get a little bit of a low frame.... does anyone know how to get higher frames on x-plane 9? i wish to upgrade my graphics card.... but i have no idea how and what to do with all those kind of things.. but i mostly want to get my vram up....... anyone know how? i have a old/(i dont really know how old) graphics card, but its an ATI Radeon 9000 Pro... so if anyone can give me any information on graphics or anything.. or possibly a link to somewhere to learn how to optimize my settings.. please put it in a response.. THANKS!! Anyways, Michael, this is a great looking plane and i really wish to fly it.. ;)

seriously... there's a help forum for that...

• Upvote 2

My local radio station put up a picture of the pro compared to a new york city trash can! ( Yes I STILL listen to radio. old fashioned. I know)

Here is the picture (though not from my radio station)

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/The-New-Mac-Pro-Looks-Like-A-NYC-Subway-Trash-Can-4598635.php

I live in NYC, i  can these the resemblance haha

hiroshi's research into the 787-10, apparently, the new 787-10 won't have triple bogies, and will instead have an SLG that will keep contact with the ground and force the rear wheels against the ground during the landing and takeoff phases, essentially making the gear behave as though it's longer.

1014937_10200265901154389_388521464_o.jp1025710_10200265901114388_229771130_o.jp

• Upvote 1

1014617_10200266018477322_1836733525_o.j

1014596_10200263633577701_2113960998_o.j

A shot of the potential 10.

Essentially, the SLG forces the front of the gear up, pushing the rear of the gear into the ground, effectively making the gear higher (except only on the rear wheels) this allows the plane's angle of attack to be higher without tailstrikes. The reason it works on this plane and not on the -9 or -8 is because they don't have SLGs and the gear bogey is just free-hanging.

Edited by Michael_Chang
  • Upvote 1

Hey I was wondering if you could release a beta or some thing like that or... even though it may seem crazy maybe you could let me try it out, and i was wondering if i could get rights to try to create a VC for the 767 and a livery 

Edited by Hamellious

Hey I was wondering if you could release a beta or some thing like that or... even though it may seem crazy maybe you could let me try it out, and i was wondering if i could get rights to try to create a VC for the 767 and a livery 

We don't do betas, the 787 project will be a finished product on its first release.

As for the 767, we can't give you rights to it, however you're more than welcome to create a VC for it without modifying any other parts (meaning no modification of objects or the .acf file). If you succeed, show me the final result and if it doesn't violate any rules, you can upload it here.