[SOLVED] flightplan crj-200 FMC

FloB

...Or any other easy way to get the nav-data into it except typing...?

Hints very welcome.

Hi FloB, If you fly "airways" (Victor routes in the USA), you don't have to do much typing, just enter DEP and ARR then enter the Victor route ID and exit Fix and the FMS will enter all intermediate fixes/waypoints for you. :)

Edit: Sorry FloB I was getting my Google searched OnLine FMS Manuals mixed up, see Philipps post #7 below. :)

For example KCAR-PQI-V3-EYW-KEYW is 1736nm long and has loads and loads of Fixes/waypoints in it and is only one Victor airway (V3)!

To see the route try SkyVector Note: I havn't entered all the fixes in this link, but the FMS would!!

Once you have input the route once, you can then save, recall and edit "saved" routes at the touch of a button.

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729

Hi FloB, If you fly "airways" (Victor routes in the USA), you don't have to do much typing, just enter DEP and ARR then enter the Victor route ID and exit Fix and the FMS will enter all intermediate fixes/waypoints for you.

Unfortunately, only the 777 FMS does this, the CRJ's doesn't :)