X-Plane 1010b_1 out

edwin

Well she's out but BEWARE--major issues with Joysticks & Yokes for a starters--constant Program crashing (And this machine has never had a program crash before.) Luckily I made a copy of my specific Virgin installation & am & shall be using this to test out the Beta process until they stabalise it. l Wouldn't try patching it across any of your regular installations--these 'Bugs' actually 'Bite'

That being said there's some interesting Goodies inside.

http://forums.x-plan...287#entry661896

Your lucky Max but with the new auto crash reporting they're on to it and communicating real quick. Yeah noticed fps down.

The Columbia C400 is a nice addition but nowhere as good as Camerons very complete/fully operative 'Corvalis TT' version--but at least the former comes without the 'Crap Gizmo' nonsense (Strewth is that load of B####cks one pain in the butt)

post-5747-0-45902700-1342261975_thumb.jp

post-5747-0-75834900-1342261984_thumb.jp

post-5747-0-88608500-1342261998_thumb.jp

No Ben not at all normal & should not be necessary--neither should be moving a 2mb folder around be 'necessary'.

By isolating Gizmo dependant planes on a seperate AND unnecessary 'multi gigabyte application' I am able to fly Jason Chandlers Cirrus & now x2 new Carenado releases without the "load of bollocks and pain in the butt" constantly interfering big time.

By reverting to the Gizmo loaded 'multi gigabyte application' I can fly Camerons Gizmo dependant planes where the "load of bollocks and pain in the butt" is no longer a "load of bollocks and pain in the butt"

..and I do say so..'cause its given me endless Haemorrhoids

Edited by edwin

Absooooooooluuuuutely ACE Ben--Brilliant--Thats made my day-- & have a good one yourself--Cheers Edwin

(Ohh & I actually purchased Gizmo--any chance of putting back the little Goodies that used to come with it in the next version?)

• Upvote 1

Anyone notice the following change with he runway lights?

post-5973-0-82565700-1342385285_thumb.jp

They're all of *slightly* different colour and intensity...!

Very subtle, but WOW - that looks precisely like reality at distance, especially now they're resolved to individual pixels.

Again, nicely done LR.

- CK.

Very impressed--Gobsmacked even-Everything working fine & fps up on 10 05r by a welcome margin Shall import a selection of planes, Saunter around a few places in the Virgin Test Install then update the Majors. Neat work & well done LR and Bug crew--Thanks

Previous turbulence issues? Open the Data-weather monitor-choose a fine day with plenty of single Cumulous around & fly into them, through them, & out again one by one--Pretty damned neat effect--thats class.

Edited by edwin

20120716-toybox-preview.jpg

:ph34r:

Yeah have that Ben but after version V9 when I tried to access it all I ever got-is what I get now?

-error try again later:[string"...." ]:2: unexpected symbol near:<:

& thats all I've ever had since. It was the FOV I found handy.

Edited by edwin