Any Guesses? =)

chris k

Ding Ding Ding!

Dhruv wins for the most precise/insightful answer. (followed closely by MikeHotel, as I think he was being coy), then Hampster. It is indeed XPJets' "Greater Auckland 2.0" Scenery (NZAA) in X-Plane 10 with the following updates:

- v7 ENV converted to v9/10 DSF Files (XP10 does not support v7 ENV Scenery anymore - required conversion to load).

- v700 OBJ converted to v850 OBJ format.

- Updated with v10 apt.dat

- 2003-2004 Orthophotos from Koordiates/LINZ at 2.5m Resolution, with alpha channel/water removed.

(as ENV-based orthos do not get convered into .POLs automatically, I quickly slipped a new GeoTIFF based one underneath)

- And MikeHotel's Freeworld airways jets removed off the tarmac =)

Basically, I got annoyed last night that the NZAA scenery didnt work in XP10... so 1 hour later, Voila!

Hamster - All credit goes to the XPJets Team (Dhruv/Reuben/Alex/etc.) for the objects and layout. I am simply the updater/converter/re-organizer/assembler here. =)

- CK.

XPJets Team - Pls advise if you want a copy of this (in WED 1.2b1 XML and DSF format). This will naturally *NOT* be distributed anywhere outside my own house.

Edited by chris k
  • Upvote 1

Another one to guess:

737_160.jpg

Another test build, this time using USGS 0.30m Orthophotos (hint)

- CK.

That would not happen to be the ONE airport I have been dieing to get my hands on is it? It REALLY looks a lot like CYYZ ... could it be I'm dreaming or does it just look like another airport somewhere LOL

Please say this is CYYZ :) -- and WHEN will it be available, if it is lol

THanks

Rob

You do GREAT work!!! Chris !

That would not happen to be the ONE airport I have been dieing to get my hands on is it? It REALLY looks a lot like CYYZ ... could it be I'm dreaming or does it just look like another airport somewhere LOL

Please say this is CYYZ :) -- and WHEN will it be available, if it is lol

THanks

Rob

You do GREAT work!!! Chris !

Certainly looks a lot like it lol -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:YYZ_Aerial_2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Ding Ding Ding...!

Dhruv is now 2 for 2 in with the quick response.

Vote for the next scenery project here:

I will weight it not only on total count, but also on those who want to help with the build (and not just be the end-recipients of the scenery) =)

- CK.