LES-DC-3 Screenshots....first flight

steven winslow

Okay, I finally bought the DC-3 and I have to say I am already in love with her. Did a couple of quick flights with her last night to test compatibility with my Saitek Panels and I am glad to report there are essentially no issues with them, other than how the flaps work. The radios work perfectly and all the switches are properly mapped, thus overcoming all my fears concerning this bird interfacing with my Saitek gear.

These are not the world's greatest screenies, but they're the first of many to come. I haven't settled on which of Leen's panel texture modifications to install, but I'll be customizing this bird over the next few days and weeks. I've downloaded a bunch of photos for livery ideas. Looks like another paint project on the horizon. If you haven't bought this baby yet, now is as good a time as any!

X-Plane-012212.jpg

X-Plane-012211.jpg

X-Plane-012210.jpg

X-Plane-012213.jpg

Short Final

X-Plane-012209.jpg

Edited by steven winslow

Looks like another paint project on the horizon. If you haven't bought this baby yet, now is as good a time as any!

Might I suggest Hawaiian and TPA/Aloha for some classic vintage liveries? Great resource on Hawaiian aviation history, with a billion photos:

http://hawaii.gov/hawaiiaviation

Aside from that shameless request, that was a nice set of screenshots! Looking forward to seeing many more. I'm at work slowly customizing my cockpit and livery as well for my first meandering around the world trip in X-Plane (with the DC-3 of course!). Think I'm going to add the flag of each country I visit to the livery after I visit them, so the livery grows over time.