Liveries all went generic

johnb

Cameron, thanks for reply. The DC-3 liveries all work, but no others. Also get an error message when I open others saying minor error in loading contact the maker. When I open other aircraft livery menu get a choice dialog box with Generic only. All planes other than DC-3 are now generic.

I installed DC-3 from your disk to X-plane folder, not the aircraft folder per your instructiions. But the DC-3 is now installed in X-aviation folder INSIDE the aircraft folder.

Should I remove the X-Aviation folder from the aircraft folder?

Hi, John,

X-Aviation is the correct folder. That said, I think there's something else at play here that just so happened to take effect around the same time of install. As stated, we don't alter any X-Plane settings, aircraft, or folders with the exception of creating our own.

I've never in all my times doing support heard of this actually. Did you do some kind of a mass aircraft update in Plane Maker any time recently?

No major changes. Was flying other planes and looked fine. Not sure it was from install if DC-3 in correct aircraft folder.

I rebooted and it appears liveries restored, but faded. (Also Chase view does not work when I switch planes. so something else)

There is a new "shrink wrap" plug in. Never saw that before. Part of DC-3 install?

And understand GIZMO is DC-3 plug in. Will it affect other aircraft?

Sorry to be such a bother, but want to get back to normal again.

Shrink-Wrap and Gizmo are part of the DC-3 install. Both will do no interaction with any aircraft unless we tell it to. A specific file has to be present that initiates any kind of interaction with those plug-ins, so you're in the clear there.

By faded I assume you mean graphically faded textures? This really sounds like a video driver issue or perhaps memory exhaustion. What are your system specs?

Cameron, Yes, that may be the issue. Running an external monitor from a Macbook Pro. 8mb RAM May be runnning on 256 vram instead of 512. Will research that.

But, I rebooted 2 more times and it now appears back to normal colors on other aircraft. So I dont know what happened, but will be more watchful when I try the DC-3 again. I am a little suspicious that I was in some view other than Window view when I switched planes.

Guess too, good idea to disable Gizmo and shrink wrap when I fly other planes.

Thanks very much for your help and patience. John

Hi, John,

You're welcome to disable as you please, but as a matter of mention you certainly shouldn't need to! It's an extra step we don't want to tack on to our customers, and if you're seeing no effects from it I don't think you should have to.

Glad things are looking on the "up!"