Beechcraft Sundowner v2.5.0 Update Released!

This will serve as an official announcement that we have released the version 2.5.0 update for the Beechcraft Sundowner v2. All customers who have purchased the Sundowner v2 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the Sundowner v2 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 2.5.0 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original Sundowner v2 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of improvements/fixes included:

• Now four unique aircraft variants:
    • C23 original, with steam gauges
    • C23 G1000, with X-Plane 1000 avionics suite
    • C23 G5, with RealSimGear G5 Instruments
    • C23 G500, with RealSimGear G500 Avionics Suite
  • X-Plane 12 (only) compatible
  • X-Plane 12 Flight model integration
    • Flight model adjustments
    • New weight and balance model. Per seat loading through X-Plane UI, or the custom UI
    • Performance adjustments
    • Yaw trim tab adjustment for neautral rudder input at cruise
  • X-Plane 12 windscreen rain effects and defrost control
  • All circuit breakers are operational, and unique per aircraft
  • Custom UI for Options, Aircraft Loading, and Checklist. Quick access to remove chocks and tie-downs, through Aircraft's menu
  • Fully simulated AMR-350 TSO panel for the Original, G5, and G500 models
  • Fully* simulated GMA-1347 Audio panel for the G1000 model. (*Those function that exist in X-Plane)
  • Support for RealityXP GNS430 and GTN650 GPS units
  • New tablet location. Now is stored under the panel (copilot's side), and shown on pilot's yoke.
  • Online Manual

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 2

OK, just downloaded because I thought it would be very close to my old 1963 Musketeer,

Anyway, other than needing to remap some of my Honeycomb buttons, it seems to work fine.

Two questions:

1) What is that lever between to throttle/mixture controls.  I can't find this is your documentation, and it does not reference it in the checklist.

2) Once I had it loaded, I started the engine and as I was poking around wondering why I could not release the parking brake (figured that out eventually) the engine shut off and will not restart.  I had to reload the plane in the simulator.  Is there some kind of trick to this restart (why and how).

Thanks;

Edited by martyandpeg

1 hour ago, martyandpeg said:

1) What is that lever between to throttle/mixture controls.  I can't find this is your documentation, and it does not reference it in the checklist.

The lever between Throttle and Mixture is the Carb Heat.

It seems a REALLY odd place to put it but for some reason Beechcraft thought it should go there.

17 hours ago, martyandpeg said:

OK, just downloaded because I thought it would be very close to my old 1963 Musketeer,

Anyway, other than needing to remap some of my Honeycomb buttons, it seems to work fine.

Two questions:

2) Once I had it loaded, I started the engine and as I was poking around wondering why I could not release the parking brake (figured that out eventually) the engine shut off and will not restart.  I had to reload the plane in the simulator.  Is there some kind of trick to this restart (why and how).

Thanks;

1) As @Matchstick pointed out is the carb heater lever. Works, may be, in an odd way. Cold is forward and heat is aft.

2) If you don't remove the chocks and tie-downs, the aircraft will not move. Also, if you start the engine, and the engine covers have not been removed, the engine will overheat and die. Check the oil temp!

Thanks for the advice.  As for Beechcraft's placement for the carb heat, this is a new one for me.  Of all the planes I've flown in real life (Cessna, Piper, Beechcraft) I've never seen it like this.  Now, I've never flown (or been in) a Sundowner, my 1963 Musketeer was not setup like that. 

as for noticing the oil temp prior to the engine just shutting down, no I never noticed that; I was basically just poking around to see what my Honeycomb yoke/throttle body assignments worked.  I did not even know about the chocks being placed :)  

All good now; so thanks!

6 hours ago, lawson-stone said:

Is there any chance you'd spin off a Sierra from the Sundowner? That would be a natural derivative and would be lots of fun.

I don't want to be a ...downer (eh? Sundowner->downer, see what I did here?:lol:), but the market for such products is very niche. Even the work on updating C23 for XP12, with all the additions, was free, so there is any incentive to expand on that project.