Honeycomb Bravo Setting issue

I just purchased the Honeycomb Bravo and overall I love the hardware. As I was setting it up I came across some profiles and learned about the "configurator" program. After messing around with that program my throttle 1 hardly moves in conjunction with the hardware throttle and the thrust reverser on one keeps getting stuck on. Visually the thrust reverser lever in the sim is coming on and off all the time (jiggling). I am wondering if the AFC Bridge plugin is in conflict with the XPLANE 12 settings for the throttles. It kind of seems like a physical connection issue but I have tried the other throttles on that #2 station and none make a difference. Anyone have some ideas?  Not quite ready to return it if I can fix it. 

It definitely sounds like you have a controller conflict Laura.

I have experienced that issue with other planes when there was an older hardware configuration that was conflicting, i.e. throttle assigned to two axes on different devices that are still connected. It can also happen when just using the Bravo alone if you change the Bravo throttle axis from say the first axis to the second one but accidentally leave the first axis still assigned to throttle.

I hope you can get it sorted out,

Cheers, Ian

On 8/28/2024 at 6:01 PM, Lauramks2 said:

Thanks for the help. I tried to fix by reinstalling the 650 but that didn't fix it. That makes me think it is in the Honeycomb settings or the xplane settings. I will look for a conflict somewhere.

I suggest not having any overlap between the configurator/bridge and X-Plane's assignments. How exactly do you have the reverser levers configured on the hardware?

7 hours ago, Pils said:

I suggest not having any overlap between the configurator/bridge and X-Plane's assignments. How exactly do you have the reverser levers configured on the hardware?

Thanks for your response. I recently posted in this forum a question about how these two programs interact. I have been using the honeycomb profile you posted and that seems to work fairly well. I have seen information that suggests that I set all the xplane controls to "do nothing". What I don't understand is does the configurator override the xplane control settings or does it actually set  them up?  When I first got the honeycomb quadrant, I went into xplane like I normally would and set up all the buttons and levers there. Then I found out about the configurator. The configurator sets up a profile and bridge in xplane 11. I downloaded a profile and installed it in the bridge. Then I copied the bridge program over to xplane 12. 

If I have the bridge in the xplane 12, should I just delete my Challenger 650 profile in xplane 12?  Or should I keep it and make sure all buttons are "do nothing" so that the configurator profile sets the buttons?  Is there reference materials that I can view to better understand the interaction?  Can I view the configurator settings to know what your profile sets up for each button? I use the first six programable switches for specific views. 

Here is where I am at now. I have found that the reverser only jiggles when the n1 is under 32% on the no 1 engine. Engine 2 works great and the reverser works great. If I keep No 1 throttle at 33% I can taxi and takeoff per normal. In flight is just need to be careful not to pull that throttle back too far. That has allowed me to fly the plane. Not ideal but ok. 

One thing I found on your profile is that if I pull the right throttle below the low detent (as if I pull to cutoff) the engine stops!  I had to fly a single engine approach into John Wayne the other day when I noticed I had accidently shut it down on short final. Turned out to be easily accommodated but a bit of a shock. No. 1 engine does not do that. 

I appreciate your input. It really helps. Laura 

Thrust Reverser setup?  Originally I had the no 8 and 9 levers (T. Reverse) set up to "toggle thrust reverse". That didn't work so I set them to "100% reverse" (can't remember the term) when I pull the lever. That works great on both engines. On landing I can pull both levers and get TR activated. It is just engine one that jiggles at idle.  I eventually thought I could get around the jiggling by not assigning anything to those two levers but it still jiggled. I even tried turning off the thrust reverse switches but I still get a "REV" indication on engine one. 

I have perused the log file to see if it would give me clues but nothing so far. 

Thanks again. 

3 hours ago, Lauramks2 said:

What I don't understand is does the configurator override the xplane control settings or does it actually set  them up?

The configuration writes the profiles, the bridge executes them, there is no relation to the default X-Plane controls, they are completely unaware of each other.

3 hours ago, Lauramks2 said:

Here is where I am at now. I have found that the reverser only jiggles when the n1 is under 32% on the no 1 engine. Engine 2 works great and the reverser works great. If I keep No 1 throttle at 33% I can taxi and takeoff per normal. In flight is just need to be careful not to pull that throttle back too far. That has allowed me to fly the plane. Not ideal but ok.

I think there's something not right with the configuration. Maybe a conflict between the bridge and the default controls. Or maybe something needs updating in the profile.

4 hours ago, Lauramks2 said:

Can I view the configurator settings to know what your profile sets up for each button?

My profile is very simple. It only covers the autopilot controls and lights, no other buttons or axis, they can be done with X-Plane (AirbusFTW had other ideas, so there's alternatives :)). I'm a firm believe in keeping my sim setup as simple as possible. (I don't actually use my profile anymore, I have another autopilot control.) However, I did generate a summary document: https://github.com/pilsnerish/Honeycomb-Profiles/blob/main/CL-650.txt.

One thing I found on your profile is that if I pull the right throttle below the low detent (as if I pull to cutoff) the engine stops!

I think you may be confusing my profile with another, AirbusFTW's I would guess. However, that sounds like the behaviour I would expect as that matches the real plane's fuel shutoff function. Again, it is not necessary to use the bridge to achieve this.

Thrust Reverser setup?  Originally I had the no 8 and 9 levers (T. Reverse) set up to "toggle thrust reverse". That didn't work so I set them to "100% reverse" (can't remember the term) when I pull the lever. That works great on both engines. On landing I can pull both levers and get TR activated. It is just engine one that jiggles at idle.  I eventually thought I could get around the jiggling by not assigning anything to those two levers but it still jiggled. I even tried turning off the thrust reverse switches but I still get a "REV" indication on engine one. 

I have perused the log file to see if it would give me clues but nothing so far. 

Thanks again. 

When one uses "toggle reverse" one must move the throttle levers forward to add thrust above idle. The thrust reverser levers on the Bravo are simple switches, as it sounds like you've discovered. (Which is why I'm not sure what "no 8 and 9 levers (T. Reverse)" means.) Otherwise it does sound rather broken. I suggest stripping the sim back to defaults; remove the bridge plugin and any other Lua scripts, unbind everything in X-Plane, and start over.

Thanks for the knowledge. From what you say, it sounds like anything I set up in the bridge should be deselected in xplane so there are no conflicts. Those not selected in the bridge can be set in Xplane. I agree that probably the best is to start clean again. I do have lua scripts for the radios and I did have a script for the autopilot. Then I used some of the profiles for honeycomb so I see how it might be a mix now. 

(Which is why I'm not sure what "no 8 and 9 levers (T. Reverse)" means.)  On the xplane settings for the honeycomb throttle quadrant, the thrust reverse levers are labeled spot 8 and spot 9. I set those for full on thrust reverse when the levers are pulled to the on position. They both perform this action now so the only issue is the jiggle at low n1 which is easy to avoid for  now. 

One new question if I may?  Flying into John Wayne today, I found my course on final showed up as 360 instead of 196 degrees. What I found out the hard way was the left selector switch on my honeycomb autopilot when set to CRS does not change the course setting. All the other options work great. I duplicated on my next flight to be sure. I can change the course with the mouse using the knob in the simulator but not using the button on my honeycomb. Xplane doesn't even address that button at all. Can that be assigned in the configurator?  

My guess is a reset from a clean start may fix all these. Just trying to understand which codes take priority so I can avoid conflicts. You have been a big help. Sometimes it can be frustrating but I am having a ball learning how to integrate all the systems. I am even starting to feel comfortable flying around. Flew KPSP to KSNA and back today on PilotEdge. Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, Lauramks2 said:

Can that be assigned in the configurator?  

The configurator is the only way the autopilot controls on the Bravo can be used as intended, which my profile does. The course selector moves the course knob, which isn’t always what one needs/wants.